Every weekend, Windows Central streams an Xbox One game or two on Twitch for 1-2 hours and gives out free games to the cool people who join us during the stream. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers! And this weekend, we have a second game to stream and give away!
Tonight we played Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink from Artifex Mundi. Clockwork Tales is a hidden object puzzle adventure game set within a unique steampunk world. We also took an early look at This War of Mine: The Little Ones. Read on for quick impressions, contest winners, and the full video play!
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
After the success of Artifex Mundi's first Xbox One release, Nightmares from the Deep, the Polish developer returns with Clockwork Tales.
This adventure casts the player as a secret agent investigating the source of mysterious earthquakes in a fictional European setting. When our hero arrives in the snowy mountain town near the epicenter of the quakes, her mentor is quickly kidnapped by a steampunk robot. She'll have to find out who or what built the behemoth and rescue the professor before it's too late!
Like most Artifex Mundi titles, Clockwork Tales is a hidden object puzzle adventure game. Players will navigate a variety of well-illustrated environments, interacting with various objects to solve puzzles and move the story along. Hopefully, the console controls will handle such tasks well.
At various intervals throughout the game, players will engage in hidden objects puzzles as well. You know how these work: you'll have to find all of the objects from a list amidst a crowded scene. Clockwork Tales also features a fairly interesting story to keep players engaged between puzzle and hidden object sequences.
Join us for a visit to an alternate version of Europe filled with machinations and mystery as we play Clockwork Tales!
- Buy Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink at Xbox.com ($9.99)
- Buy Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink on Steam ($9.99)
This War of Mine: The Little Ones
We also took a special advance look at This War of Mine: The Little Ones from 11bit Studios and Deep Silver. The long-awaited console version of the critically-acclaimed PC game, This War of Mine looks at the effects of war on a group of innocent people as they struggle to survive the conflict.
- A gritty, realistic and engaging experience inspired by real-life events
- Make unforgiving and emotionally repercussive, life-or-death decisions
- Craft items such as weaponry, alcohol, beds, stoves, toys & more
- Tackle randomized or pre-defined scenarios - or even create your own scenarios and characters!
- Experience war through the eyes of a child with the introduction of child survivors
- New to console comes the added storyline of children. Protect and take care of The Little Ones as they continue to live in the war torn landscape as only children can. Teach, educate and form emotional bonds as you fight to survive in this harsh world and prevail through this unique narrative.
This War of Mine comes to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on Friday. January 29th. We'll be interviewing developer 11BitStudios that weekend from PAX South, so stay tuned!
- Preorder This War of Mine: The Little Ones at Xbox.com ($29.99)
- Buy This War of Mine on Steam ($19.99)
We streamed Clockwork Tales and This War of Mine for ~120 minutes. During that time, we gave out a total of 18 game codes:
- 12 Clockwork Tales for Xbox One
- 6 Clockwork Tales for Steam
How to watch Twitch livestreams
What's the best way to experience Twitch? The Twitch website on your PC or Mac web browser. If you don't have or prefer not to use a computer, you can get the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Xbox 360 Twitch apps and watch from the comfort of your couch. Android and iOS both have official and unofficial Twitch apps to choose from as well.
On Windows Phone, you'll have to grab an unofficial app. There are several to choose from, each with different strengths and weaknesses. Only one app lets you search directly for our channel, though. If you use the others you'll have to find and follow us from a web browser first. Read the roundup to learn more!
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's Twitch programming? We stream a different game every Saturday. The stream always starts at the same time: 8pm Central (9pm Eastern, 6pm Pacific, 2am GMT). Over the next few weeks, we'll be streaming the following (schedule not finalized):
- Saturday, January 30: Paul will be out of town at PAX South, but we'll still have a stream with Steam codes to win!
- February 27: BladeStorm: Nightmare from Koei Tecmo
- February or March: The Fall with special guest cohost, a member of the game's development team!
- February or March: Tachyon Project
- February or March: Neverwinter: Underdark – See the newest free Neverwinter expansion and win premium items!
- February or March: Lifeless Planet
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start. We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
These guys and gals are here to kick butt and solve puzzles, and they're all out of butt.
Tonight's prizes provided by Artifex Mundi. Thanks also to our Twitch stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
Everything we know so far about Cyberpunk 2077 on PC and Xbox One
Cyberpunk 2077 is the next massive game expected to be released by CD Projekt RED, the studio behind The Witcher series. Here's all we know about it so far.
Are we one step closer to a Fallout: New Vegas sequel after ZeniMax deal?
With Microsoft's acquisition of both Bethesda and Obsidian Entertainment, it's now possible that we could see the developers of Fallout: New Vegas return to Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG franchise for round two. Here's why they should.
Review: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro is the PC RAM to buy
The Vengeance RGB Pro continues to be the obvious DRAM choice for system builders around the world, with Corsair offering stellar performance backed by multi-zone RGB lighting.
Up your Fortnite game with one of these great headsets
So you want to up your Fortnite game, do you? One of the easiest fixes is getting yourself a good headset. Whether you play on PC, console or mobile, there's something here for you.