What you need to know
- Corel's PaintShop Pro is now available in the Microsoft Store.
- PaintShop Pro is full of photo editing tools, AI utilities for automatic corrections.
- The app is available download for free, though you'll need a subscription use the full app.
If you're looking for another photo editing suite to add to your repertoire, Corel's PaintShop Pro is now available in the Microsoft Store. The long-running app offers a similar suite of tools that allow you to edit, stylize, and correct photos like Adobe's suite of tools.
A lot of the tools available in PaintShop Pro will look familiar here if you've used other photo editing apps. Here's a rundown of just some of what it offers:
- Use multiple Layers and Masks to make artistic photo compositions and graphic design projects.
- Touch up your favorite photos with high precision selection or cloning tools and restore old photos with flaw removal effects.
- Draw and paint with built-in brushes and drawing tools and use color palettes, gradients, patterns and picture tubes to take your designs to the next level.
- Work with powerful adjustment tools to edit, crop, resize, remove noise, sharpen, enhance colors, use curves and levels to make your photos stand out.
- Add text to images to create interesting projects, like a meme or a picture quote. Adjust fonts, size, style, alignment and more with a complete set of typography tools.
- Try out intelligent one-step solutions and filters such as One-Step Photo Fix and Smart Photo Fix to take the guess work out of achieving the perfect photo.
- Automatically correct distortions, vignetting and chromatic aberrations with the built-in lens correction.
- Transform photos into a work of art with Artificial Intelligence and replicate the style of iconic artists with Pic-to-Painting.
Its presence in the Microsoft Store gives you another way to try PaintShop Pro and keep it updated alongside all of your other Microsoft Store apps. Beyond that, it also gives PCs that may be limited to getting apps from the Microsoft Store a way to downlod and use it.
PaintShop Pro is available as a free download, but it does require a subscription to use. However, there is a one-month free trial. If you're interested, you can grab PaintShop Pro from the Microsoft Store now.
Similar to other photo editing apps, PaintShop Pro gives you a wide variety of tools to make your images look even better.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
HP devices are facing BSOD and boot loops, but HP appears to have a fix
HP users saw some serious issues with PCs over the weekend, including the Blue Screen of Death and boot loops. Now, an update from HP might fix the issue.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.