What you need to know
- The NPD group shares monthly data for the best-selling games of the month in the U.S.
- According to the December 2021 NPD report, Call of Duty: Vanguard and Halo Infinite were the first and second best-selling games of the month.
- The Nintendo Switch and PS5 tied in terms of dollar sales for the best-selling console of the month.
The NPD group shared the results for December 2021 and the year of 2021 as a whole, per NPD analyst Mat Piscatella. Much like in November 2021, the Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console in terms of units sold. Amazingly enough, in terms of dollar sales, the Nintendo Switch and PS5 were tied for the month.
December 2021 NPD: Here are the top 20 games sold in the U.S.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Halo Infinite
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl*
- Madden NFL 22
- Battlefield 2042
- Mario Kart 8
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Mario Party Superstars*
- NBA 2K22*
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- FIFA 22
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
- Far Cry 6
- Just Dance 2022
- Forza Horizon 5
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Super Mario 3D World*
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
That's all for this month's results!
Fight the Banished
A new Great Journey awaits
Halo Infinite's campaign has a great story, incredible gameplay, and breathtaking presentation. It's everything a Halo fan could want, and we can't recommend it enough.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.