Capcom will bring one of its biggest recent games to the Xbox One console soon. The publisher revealed today that the third person action game DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, developed by Ninja Theory, will be coming to the Xbox One on March 17 for the price of $39.99.
There's a ton of new and improved content in DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, which was first released for the Xbox 360 in January 2013, and Capcom has provided a full feature list:
- 60fps framerate, 1080p resolution.
- Rebalanced, repolished gameplay - Ninja Theory has thoroughly examined the entire game and nearly two years of user feedback, and has made it tighter than ever. This includes bug fixes, rebalanced combat elements, enemy behavior, the Style system, and even new settings like an optional manual lock-on.
- All DLC from the last-gen version of DmC, including costumes, weapon skins, the pre-order bonus items (Item Finder, Orb Harvester), and of course, the "Vergil's Downfall" campaign—hours of new gameplay starring Dante's badass brother, Vergil.
- New "Bloody Palace" mode for Vergil - By popular demand, Vergil will now have his own Bloody Palace mode, featuring sixty waves of stylish madness. As an added bonus, the timer in Bloody Palace mode (for both characters) is now a toggle-able setting.
- Turbo Mode - A perennial favorite of the Devil May Cry franchise, this mode gives a 20% speed boost to all gameplay, upgrading the game's tempo from Adagio to—wait for it—Andante. Pretty proud of that one.
- Hardcore Mode - Designed for those looking for a classic, hardcore challenge, this setting can be toggled on and off between stages, and will affect various aspects of the game, such as Devil Trigger, AI, and the Style system.
- Gods Must Die difficulty level - Unlocked after beating Dante Must Die, this mode is insanely hard, with all enemies spawning in Devil Trigger and dealing 2.5x the normal damage. Plus: no items allowed!
- Must Style mode - For the masochistic, this mode requires that players achieve an S style rank or higher in order to deal damage to enemies.
- New costumes for Dante and Vergil celebrating the Devil May Cry legacy.
- Updated trophies/achievements to account for the new modes.
- New leaderboards for Hardcore Mode and Vergil's Bloody Palace.
- Next-gen standard sharing functionality - This may be a given, but consider the potential! Every single person who owns the game and has an internet connection will be able to upload combo videos or stream the game live.
Capcom also announced that Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition will be released for the Xbox One this summer but at the moment there are no details about what will be included in that version of the game.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.