UK mobile operator EE has announced new entry-level 4G plans for the market. These new contracted plans start from £13.99 per month, enabling consumers to take advantage of faster Internet speeds at a more affordable price point. The operator has been criticized in the past for its pricing of LTE in the UK.
If you have yet to hop onto the 4G train, EE is now looking as a more affordable option. That said, the likes of Three with its unlimited data plans is still a superb alternative.
See the full press release below.
EE INTRODUCES NEW ENTRY-LEVEL 4G PAY MONTHLY PLANS AND THE UK’S MOST AFFORDABLE 4G SMARTPHONE
- New 4G standard pay monthly handset plans on the UK’s number one network from just £13.99 per month
- 4G Extra pay monthly handset plans offering inclusive roaming calls and texts and the UK’s fastest download speeds from just £21.99 per month
- 4G pay monthly handset customers can now get 10GB of mobile data each month from £13.99 when they also take EE home broadband
- New pay monthly handset options for business customers now include 180 minutes of roaming and international calls to and from Europe and USA
- EE also unveils its first own-brand handset – offering great 4G smartphone features at an entry level price
Wednesday 26th March, 2014 – EE, the UK’s most advanced digital communications company, today launched a range of new entry-level 4G pay monthly plans as well as the UK’s lowest price 4G smartphone, allowing even more people to experience all the benefits of the UK’s biggest and fastest 4G network - rated number one for mobile internet, call, text and reliability across the UK.
EE continues to offer 4G standard and 4G Extra plans as a result of its unique double speed 4G network, and the move reflects the growth in new entry-level 4G handsets coming to market.
New entry-level 4G pay monthly handset plans
From today, customers can choose from a range of 24 month entry-level 4G handset plans which includes the option of a free 4G handset, 500MB of mobile data and an inclusive minutes and texts allowance, all on the UK’s number one network for just £13.99 per month - less than the cost of a pint of milk a day.
EE has also extended its range of 4G Extra plans which offer EE’s biggest mobile data allowances, the UK’s fastest 4G speeds, as well as unlimited roaming minutes and texts when in Europe – with new options from just £21.99. Customers on all other pay monthly plans can now also benefit from unlimited calls and texts in the EU for just £2 a day, via a new Euro Talk and Text Unlimited bundle[ii].
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.