What you need to know
- Endzone — A World Apart is a critically-acclaimed post-apocalyptic city-building survival strategy game from Gentlymad Studios.
- On Monday, publisher Assemble Entertainment revealed the PC game is heading to consoles for the first time later this year.
- The Survival Edition includes the base game and the Prosperity DLC, and is arriving on Xbox Series X|S and PS5 on May 19, 2022.
One of the most beloved sub-genres of survival games is strategy city-builders, which task players with carefully managing a growing community of survivors, often in post-apocalyptic conditions. A critically-acclaimed entry in this genre is Endzone — A World Apart, which is nearing one year after its full release on PC platforms.
On Friday, developer Gentlymad Studios and publisher Assemble Entertainment revealed Endzone — A World Apart is officially heading to console platforms later this year.
Endzone — A World Apart will join other excellent Xbox games in the space like Frostpunk, and translate its deep management systems and captivating gameplay loop to the controller. Players will need to:
- Engage with their growing communities to complete quests and side stories
- Expand their city in order to survive ever harsher conditions
- Conduct expeditions to gather information and supplies
- Carefully monitor radiation and other factors when designing their cities
- Prepare against continual threats like extreme weather, competing settlements and raids, and more
The title is heading to Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PS5 on May 19, 2022 as the Survivor Edition, which will include the full base game and the Prosperity DLC expansion. When it arrives, the community-management title will run players $50 for the full experience.
Whether or not Endzone — A World Apart: Survival Edition makes it onto our competitive list of best Xbox games depends on how well its various systems and controls work on console, and how it compares to established competitors like Frostpunk. You can check out Endzone — A World Apart in the trailer above or the images below.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.