Everyone but U.S. (read: us) gets Xperia Sept. 30
Sony Ericsson has announced that Sept. 30 is when the Xperia X1 finally will see the light of day [via (opens in new tab)].
Just not in the United States.
According to a news release, the following countries will get their hot little hands on one of the year's most anticipated phones:
- APAC: Indonesia, Singapore, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
- Western Europe: Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Portugal
- Central Europe: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic
- Middle East: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait
- Africa: South Africa
- Latin America: Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia
Also in the works is a webcast demo on Sept. 15, and more launch events as part of London fashion week starting on Monday.
Check out the full release here (opens in new tab).
Edit: True, the UK, Germany and Sweden get the X1 on Sept. 30. Everyone else has to wait a little longer. Curse these early morning press releases! Thanks Lovsten for straightening us out!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
The rest listed will get it during Q4 2008.
Lucky me. I live in Sweden :)