If you were experiencing the sign-in issues with Facebook Messenger that were reported earlier today, your troubles might be over. The app just received an update and, while there's no new changelog, it's likely that it addresses the sign-in troubles.
As we noted in our previous post, the sign-in issues appear to have begun late on Wednesday, serving up a "602 error" to users who were unable to login. Facebook hasn't given any word on the issue, or what is contained in this update, but it's likely it isn't a coincidence.
In any case, hit up the link below to grab the latest Facebook Messenger update and let us know if it resolves your login issues in the comments below.
Update: We now have a changelog for the update, which indicates that messages will now finish sending in the background even if you exit the app, among other changes. Here are the full details:
- See when your messages are delivered and seen.
- Send and receive messages faster.
- See when you're connected or still connecting
- Messages you've sent will finish sending even when you close the app.
- Fixed issues to make the app more reliable.