Following on the heels of yesterday’s momentous update for the Facebook beta app for Windows Phone 8, its Windows 8.1 counterpart has also been bumped with some significant changes.
Last updated on November 13, this new version will sure to make many happy as there are slew of new changes and fixes for the popular social networking app. Let’s see what’s new!
Facebook for Windows 8.1
- Improved Live Tiles
- Set windows profile pic when you upload a new profile pic
- Download and upload files from messages
- Download and upload photos from messages
- Upload photos to a specific album
- Choose and set your cover photo
- Choose and set your profile picture
- Use your profile picture as your Windows account picture
- Add a secondary tile to go directly to messages (choose this from the app bar in messages view)
- This release also includes many bug fixes
We’re not regular users of the app, but we’re going to take a wild guess that all of those new features and improvements will go over hugely with you folks. From improved Live Tiles to tagging, this feature-set update should go a long way to addressing complaints from users that the app is still lacking.
If you haven’t received the update, head here to the Windows Store to grab it now. You’ll need to be on Windows 8.1 to use it, but that shouldn’t be a problem.
So how is it? Let us know in comments!
Thanks, BernNutz, zafehouse and Salman M., for the tips!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.