The first major patch for Wasteland 3 is coming to PC today, consoles next week
Polly and Cyborg Chickens are also getting an upgrade.
What you need to know
- The first major patch for Wasteland 3 will be releasing on PC today.
- Fixes should arrive on Xbox One and PS4 by the middle of next week.
- Co-op is getting some significant performance improvements.
Wasteland 3 released to rave reviews on Aug. 28, but some significant bugs and performance issues have kept players from really loving their adventures in post-apocalyptic Colorado. Luckily some big fixes are on the way via inXile Entertainment's first major patch for the game.
Patch 1.1.0 is expected to be available to PC players via Steam and GOG today and will be coming to Xbox One and PS4 by the middle of next week. The release follows a previous hotfix that significantly improved the game's performance on consoles.
The developers prioritized the biggest blocking issues that players have reported, though they promise that fixes for plenty of other problems will be released in the next few weeks. While the patch notes will provide a more in-depth description of the bugs being squashed, here's a list of some of the biggest issues that are being fixed:
- Intro movie not playing for the host in co-op or one player being stuck watching the cinematic
- Load screens stalling at 33%
- Progression blocked for players with systems set to some regions or languages
- Syncing radio transmissions in co-op and preventing the Kodiak from de-syncing after they're received
- Blocked La Perla quest
- Fishlips encounter
- Improved toughness for Polly and Cyborg Chickens
While you're waiting for the patch, you can check out our list of Wasteland 3 known issues and bugs, which also provides some workarounds. Many issues can be resolved by disabling auto-saving and your computer's antivirus and firewall software.
Into the wastes
Assemble a team of Desert Rangers, build a base, and work to tame the post-apocalyptic Colorado wilderness in this massive RPG. Make your choices carefully as they'll have significant impacts on the world and story.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.