What you need to know
- Grounded is an open-world survival sandbox from Obsidian Entertainment and Xbox Game Studios.
- The early access title recently released the 0.11 'Hot and Hazy Update,' the most ambitious update for the game yet.
- Now, Obsidian is releasing the 0.11.2 patch update to all Grounded players with a mountain of bug fixes and improvements.
- This includes letting bees sleep through the night, letting thistle plants spawn again, stopping ants from laying so many eggs, and other humorous tweaks.
Obsidian Entertainment has been building something special with Grounded, its open-world survival game that shrinks all players down to the size of insects and traps them in a suddenly-dangerous suburban backyard. The recently released Hot and Hazy Update added a colossal amount of content to Grounded's early access, and now Obisidan is returning with a brand-new patch update.
Grounded 0.11.2 is now releasing to all players with a plethora of bug fixes, including some mildly humorous fixes like letting bees sleep through the night (hopefully, the fuzzy friends can get some rest, now). There's also plenty of crash fixes included in this patch update, so players should install it as soon as possible.
Grounded is quickly shaping up as one of the best Xbox games around, and it's not even fully released yet. Grounded's early access is now available for Xbox and PC, with Obsidian releasing regular updates to inject fresh content and fix existing bugs.
The full changelog for Grounded's 0.11.2 patch update includes:
- Audio added to falling shovel, icebox, and the biometric scanner
- Audio updated for Brainpower
- Audio updated for Milk Molar pickups
- Audio updated for Sandbox Sizzling
- A handful of terrain sculping cleanup in the Western Yard
- Bratburst and Splatburst recipes can be unlocked via Brainpower
- Brainpower level XP requirements have been spread out a bit in the higher levels. Each level unlocked progressively grants more Raw Science
- BURG.L store unlocks that had their Raw Science cost change in 0.11 (The Hot and Hazy update) will be properly unlocked again if they were purchased in saves from 0.10.3 (Shroom and Doom Update) or earlier
- Clients will no longer have a large hitch/lag when approaching Spinning Wheels with completed items ready to collect
- Thistles should respawn again on saves made prior to 0.11.2
- Ants no longer find joy in endlessly laying eggs
- Wolf Spiders no longer dip into geometry
- Fixed client crash related to players hauling items
- Fixed client crash related to Pet HUD markers
- Fixed client crash related to the Oven baking items
- Fixed client crash related to Status Effects
- Fixed client crash related to items in storage
- Fixed client crash related to players getting off a Frankenline dial
- Fixed rare crashes that could happen with bugs spawning into death via lots of spike traps grouped together
- Fixed various crashes related to base buildings
- Fixed crash related to creating a new Multiplayer Game
- Taking meat off of the Roasting Spit or items out of the Garden Patch will not sometimes open the UI as well
- Bees more reliably sleep at night
- Stun effects no longer apply durability damage
- Pressing LB in the Smoothie Station no longer closes the UI
- Coup De Grass level 2 unlocks if the clover finding was done second
- Night base music plays again while in range of a base
- Completed BURG.L Quest trail markers will load back incorrectly
- Bombing dice no longer sends them to the moon
- Spiky weeds topple over and spawn weed logs in the correct location
- Fixed rotten food in the Trash Heap dropping food under the terrain when harvesting it
- The Broodmother boss and Black Ant Hill lab boss can no longer be triggered in Creative (without bugs) mode
- Constant distant infected larva explosions have been notably optimized
- AMD FSR option is no longer accessible on Windows versions lower than Windows 10 as AMD FSR support for Grounded requires Windows 10 or higher. Prevents crashes when trying to set that setting on Windows 7 or 8
Grounded (Game Preview)
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.