What you need to know
- Grounded is an open-world co-op survival title from Xbox Game Studios and Obsidian Entertainment, and is still in early access.
- On Tuesday, Obsidian released the 0.11.5 patch update for Grounded's 'Hot and Hazy Update,' with a healthy selection of fixes.
- Today's patch update primarily focuses on memory leaks and crashes across the board, but eating jerky no longer makes you thirsty.
- Players will begin seeing the 0.11.5 patch update for Grounded on every platform throughout today.
Grounded continues to evolve and grow over time, most recently with the massive Hot and Hazy Update. Obsidian Entertainment is constantly working to polish Grounded's early access, leading to Tuesday's release of Grounded's 0.11.5 patch update.
The latest Grounded patch update focuses on memory leaks and crashes, and looks to stabilize the game overall. Of course, there's also the very important change that makes it so players will no longer get thirsty when eating jerky. The 0.11.5 update should be rolling out throughout today across all platforms Grounded is available.
The full changelog for Grounded patch update 0.11.5 includes:
- Jerky no longer drains thirst when consuming
- The game caps out at 120 FPS when any UI window is open to prevent GPUs from unnecessarily melting (particularly on the Main Menu)
- Greatly reduced memory usage to prevent crashes on Xbox One when loading a save from prior to 0.11 that had a lot of base buildings created
- Fixed crash related on suspend / resume related to audio reinitialization
- Fixed a major memory leak especially with games with large bases
- Ant populations properly cull on load to clear out excess ants from prior saves
- Fixed a crash that could happen when talking to BURG.L about BURG.L Quests if you have a game where the old paint can BURG.L chip had not been collected yet prior to being removed from the game
- Fixed random crashes related to status effects
- The Club of the Mother Demon icon has been flipped horizontally so any weapon upgrade icons can be seen on it.
- Flipped spiral staircases that were placed prior to 0.11.4 will render correctly again
- Flipped acorn railings render correctly again
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.