So, what do you get for that kind of money? One 4.6 pound (2.08 kg) laptop that will likely put others to shame.
We got some hands on with the new beast, which you can watch below. You can also find more information including extended details about the specifications directly from Asus.
Asus ZenBook Pro UX501
- Display – 15.6-inch 4K/UHD 3860 x 2160 resolution IPS display (100% sRGB, 74% Adobe RGB)
- Processor – Intel Core i7-4720HQ
- GPU - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 960M
- Storage – 512 GB PCIe x4 (1400 MB/s)
- RAM – 16 GB
- Weight – 4.6-pounds (2.08 kg)
- Ports - Three USB 3.0 ports plus HDMI, mini DisplayPort and optional Thunderbolt
- Battery – 96 Whr rated for 6+ hours video playback
Needless to say, the ZenBook Pro UX501 is a beast of a laptop. The weight was not too bad considering the nearly all metal 'spun-metal finish'. Perhaps more importantly, the ZenBook Pro suspiciously comes in $1000 cheaper than Dell's similarly spec'd 2015 XPS 15. We say 'suspiciously' because you don't just chop off $1000 from a laptop and not expect to sacrifice something.
But sure enough, you can now buy the new 4K ZenBook Pro UX501 for $1499 (saving of $300) right from the Asus Store, so there you go. It sure felt like a quality device to us, but only time will tell if that holds true.
What do you think of the updated UX501? Let us know in comments!