Temtem offers far more challenging combat than recent Pokémon RPGs. As such, having powerful Temtem in your party makes a significant difference. Each Temtem found in the wild has different base stats. So, to get a strong team, you could spend time hunting for strong Temtem, or you can run to the Breeding Center and see if you can hatch a more powerful creature.
Here's all the information you need to know about breeding Temtem.
Breeding guide: How to breed Temtem
- How do you get to the Breeding Center?
- Breeding requirements
- How to check a Temtem's fertility
- How to hatch eggs
- What stats do Temtem inherit from parents?
- Helpful breeding items
How do you get to the breeding center?
There is currently only one Breeding Center in Temtem, and it's located in the Superior Omninesia. You will only be able to reach this tree-top location after you've defeated Sophia, the Arissola Dojo leader, and then taken the Narwhal airship to the Myrisles.
Once you've made it to Superior Omninesia, just wind your way left through the path until you come across some yellow grass. Then head straight up until you come across the Breeding Center.
Unlike Pokémon, you don't need to have the same Temtem species breed together in order to produce an egg. However, some Temtem are compatible with each other while others aren't. There are a few conditions that need to be met:
First off, the Temtem need to be different genders. Secondly, the Temtem must share at least one type. For instance, Babawa is a Nature and Water-type Temtem, which means it can breed with any other Temtem that is either a Nature or a Water-type Temtem. Finally, both Temtem must be fertile. You see, Temtem have a fertility rate that goes down each time they have offspring. So, they need to be fertile in order to breed.
If you have a particularly powerful Temtem that you want to breed, you can give it a Fertility Essence and increase its fertility rate by 1, but it will cost you. Additionally, they don't become available until later in the game.
How to check a Temtem's fertility
To keep you from turning your Temtem into breeding machines, Crema has made it so Temtem can only breed a maximum of eight times, and that's only if their fertility rate is full, to begin with. Each time a Temtem produces offspring, their fertility value lowers by 1.
Here's how to check your Temtem's fertility.
- If you're using a keyboard press Esc or if you're using an Xbox controller, press the LT trigger to bring up the main menu.
Select Squad from the first dropdown.
Your current party will show up on screen. Select the Temtem you want to check. The stats of the Temtem will appear.
Look at the Teal leaf in the upper righthand corner of the screen. Depending on how full the leaf is, your Temtem can breed a total of eight times or less. This Raiber can breed eight times because all seven leaves and the stem are full.
You'll want to be conscious of your Temtem's fertility so you can be strategic to help any eggs get the best stats. Be sure to check your Temtem's fertility value before dropping them off at the Breeding Center.
How to hatch eggs
It costs 50 Pansuns to drop a couple of Temtem off at the Breeding Center. Talk to the bald man behind the left counter to start the process. He'll tell you if the Temtem you've chosen are likely to produce an egg and will also predict what the baby will look like along with what its stats will be. You can back out of breeding if you don't like the forecasted result, but if you're satisfied with the prediction, select the Breed button.
When two compatible Temtem are placed in the Breeding Center together an egg should appear within about 25 minutes of real-time. However, if you breed two Temtem from the same evolutionary line, say a Saku and a Kaku, it will only take 15 minutes for an egg to appear. You can run off and play your game, or sit on one of the benches provided.
The Breeding Center only houses one egg at a time, so you'll need to pick up the first one if you want the couple to make another. To get the egg to hatch, put it in your party of six using the provided computer (on the left side of the Center) and then keep playing the game. Note that the egg will not hatch unless it's in your party. Depending on how rare the Temtem within the egg is, it will hatch within 45 minutes or less.
What stats do Temtem inherit from their parents?
When two Temtem breed, their children will inherit specific skills and stats from them. Here are the things that baby Temtem will get from its parents.
Unfortunately, if your parent Temtem have bred a lot, their offspring won't be able to breed that much. Basically, it will inherit the same fertility rate as whichever of its parents has the lowest rate. For instance, if one parent is at three and the other is at 6, the baby will get a fertility rate of 3.
A hatched Temtem will be able to learn moves from its parents that it wouldn't have learned on its own until much later on. This helps you get powerful lower-level Temtem.
Each of the baby Temtem's stats has a 40% chance of being the same as the parent with the highest Single Value (SVs) rates, a 40% chance of being an average between the two parent's SVs, and a 20% chance of being the same as the parent with the lower SVs.
Traits are passive abilities that activate during battle when certain conditions are met. For instance, Smazee's Trait makes it, so its Attack increases whenever Smazee is inflicted by a status condition. Each Temtem's trait is chosen at random. However, if you have the right items, you can ensure your Temtem inherits a trait from one of its parents.
Finally, there are rare colored Temtem known as Luma Temtem that appear in this game. You have a 1/6000 chance of finding one in the wild or hatching one from regular Temtem. However, if you breed a Luma Temtem with a regular Temtem, the chances go up to 1/600. Additionally, if you breed two Luma Temtem together, the chance of their offspring being Luma goes up to 1/60.
Helpful breeding items
On the right side of the Breeding Center, you'll find a man behind a counter. Interact with him to purchase special items that can influence the stats of your Temtem's offspring. Here are the breeding items you can find in-game:
|Aggressive DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's ATK||1000 Pansuns|
|Mighty DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's ATK and SPATK||5000 Pansuns|
|Hardening DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's DEF||1000 Pansuns|
|Immunity DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's DEF and SPDEF||5000 Pansuns|
|Vitality DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's HP||1000 Pansuns|
|Vigor DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's HP and STA||5000 Pansuns|
|Gifted DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's SPATK||1000 Pansuns|
|Dominant DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's SPDEF||1000 Pansuns|
|Lithe DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's SPEED||1000 Pansuns|
|Endurance DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's STA||1000 Pansuns|
|Engineered DNA Strand||Single-use item that ensures the egg inherits the parent's trait slot||10000 Pansuns|
That's everything you need to know about breeding Temtem. The game is still in early access, so it's possible some of these things could change over time. We'll be sure to update everything if we learn of any changes. Good luck catching powerful Temtem and breeding the ultimate fighters.
The premium Lenovo Yoga C940 14 takes on the Yoga C740 14. Which one wins?
These two laptops come from the same family, but they're quite different with a price to reflect the premium offerings on the Yoga C940. Which one is right for you? We compare the two to help you decide.
Skype is great for Windows 10 users, even if people don't use it
Skype has apps everywhere, tons of features, and hundreds of millions of people have Skype accounts, but it's not known as a messaging app. Here's why Skype is the best communication app for users on Windows 10.
Master email with one of these awesome apps for Windows 10
Looking for a bit of variety in your email game? Need something powerful to handle the mail you send and receive? These are the best email apps for Windows 10.
These PC games are on sale, making them a steal if you're stuck at home
Staying at home doesn't have to be boring. We've rounded up some amazing PC games that are on sale right now, making this a great opportunity to build up your game catalog and enjoy some downtime.