Most reviewers struggled to find issues with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. However, inventory management and horse-handling made up a few minor grievances. CD Projekt RED look set to address these complaints in an upcoming hefty patch.
When Patch 1.07 lands, alchemy ingredients will no longer count towards your maximum inventory weight, books pick up their own tab and inform you when they're still unread and an auto-sort option will put an end to messy inventories.
CD Projekt RED detailed the changes on their official forum, noting that work on upcoming free DLC quests had been temporarily halted to speed up the patch release. Further patch notes will be added later this week.
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
- Crafting and Alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes, and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt remains the game of the year for many, selling 1.7 million copies in its first week. For those who have trudged through the game's beefy 100+ hour plot, the long wait for its paid content expansions has begun. The first of these is the 20+ hour adventure Hearts of Stone, targeting an October 2015 release.
Are you still playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? Let us know below, no spoilers though!
New Microsoft Edge begins automatic rollout for Release Preview Insiders
Microsoft today started automatically rolling out the new Microsoft Edge to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. This is the first step in a process that will see the old Edge replaced automatically for everyone.
Windows Central app picks up login fix, new icon in latest update
If you've had trouble logging in with the Windows Central app for Windows 10, the issue is now fixed with the latest update. This release also adds new icons and cleans up some of the news categories.
Oculus acquires 'Asgard's Wrath' developer Sanzaru Games
Sanzaru Games is joining Oculus Studios, a press release has just confirmed. This comes a couple of months after Facebook and Oculus just acquired Beat Games.
These awesome Minecraft deals are perfect for the gamers in your life
We've scoured the internet to find the best deals for all the Minecraft lovers in your life...even if that's just you. From consoles to toys, we have the deals.