Saturday Game School is our weekly Windows Central livestream in which we play an Xbox One game and give out free games and prizes to our live viewers. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight on Mixer, we played and gave out free copies of JYDGE, the futuristic shooter in which you play a customizable cybernetic judge. Read on for quick impressions and contest winners.
10tons, makers of Neon Chrome and Time Recoil, recently unleashed another twin-stick shooter. JYDGE draws inspiration from Judge Dredd and RoboCop but takes place in the Neon Chrome cyberpunk universe.
Playing as your own highly customizable cyborg judge, you'll have to complete missions with a variety of goals such as rescuing civilians, eliminating specific criminal targets, or wiping out all perpetrators in the area. Don't feel bad – they're totally guilty!
Although JYDGE has separate levels, it cleverly uses rogue-like elements – from items you collect to the doors you open, making replaying missions for more medals and money that much easier. Customizing your judge's powers and weapons is genuinely fun and addictive, making this a fine return to form after the minor disappointment of Time Recoil. Don't miss it.
JYDGE sells for $14.99 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam.
We streamed JYDGE for ~90 minutes tonight, starting at 9pm ET (8pm CT, 6pm PT, 2am GMT). During that time, we gave out the following prize codes:
- Eight JYDGE full game for Xbox One
- Four JYDGE full game for PlayStation 4 (North American accounts only)
- Four JYDGE full game for Steam
These viewers ARE the law!
Tonight's prizes provided by 10tons. Thanks also to our stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
Saturday Game School always starts at the same time: 9pm ET (8pm CT, 6pm PT, 2am GMT). Here is our tentative schedule of upcoming streams:
- Saturday, November 18: Trove, the Minecraft-style free to play MMO. Win $50 in premium currency or valuable premium item bundles!
- Saturday, November 25: Mantis Burn Racing, the exciting arcade-style racing game that recently received major Xbox One X enhancements. See how well it runs on the X and maybe win a copy of your own!
- Saturday, December 2: Ruiner, the amazingly stylish cyberpunk shooter from Devolver Digital.
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.