Anthem launched on Xbox One and PC recently. As with any online game at launch, it has some surprisingly strange bugs that BioWare is working on. Anthem is a shared-world third-person shooter from the acclaimed developer behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Just like Destiny, the team wants to support the game for the next ten years.
Today, BioWare released a new update which addresses a lot of bugs. However, the biggest addition has to be the new stronghold. "The Sunken Cell" will challenge you in new ways, and might just be the hardest stronghold in the game. You can read about the major changes below.
- The Sunken Cell stronghold is now available to all players who have completed the main story.
- Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards.
- Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
- Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds, and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
- Added additional cortex entries to explain combo, detonator, and primer abilities.
- Added new Universal Masterwork Components.
- Extended Sniper Magazine.
- Extended Special Arms Magazine
- Friendly player projectiles should now be able to pass through Javelins in your squad.
- Adjusted environmental lightning strikes to not target javelins directly as frequently.
- Downed players are now automatically revived when the stronghold boss is defeated.
- Fixed a problem where the Legion of Dawn rifle disappears from the forge while in the Launch Bay.
- Updated 'Critical Damage' to 'Weakpoint Damage' in any text descriptions.
- Updated 'Impact Dmg' to 'Kinetic Dmg' in any text descriptions.
- Updated 'Impact Resist' to 'Kinetic Resist' in any text descriptions.
It's great to see that significant content is being added to the game, but a lot of these additions, like the ability to change your gear "without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay" should've been there from the start.
What changes would you like to see in Anthem? Let us know. It's great to see that BioWare made the damage resistances clear because now you know what's working on a particular enemy and what isn't.
Become Iron Man
This is like third-person Destiny
Anthem is an upcoming shared world third-person shooter from BioWare. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Overwatch vs. Overwatch 2: What are the differences?
Overwatch 2 is on the horizon, but something a lot of people don't know yet is what you get with it that you don't (or won't) get from the original Overwatch game. Here's our guide to the differences between what you get with Overwatch and Overwatch 2.
These great Thunderbolt 3 docks turn your laptop into a desktop
Looking to make the most of your super-fast Thunderbolt 3 connection? The CalDigit TS3 Plus is our top pick thanks to plenty of ports and solid construction, but there are a bunch of other options that might better suit your needs.
Windows 10 build 19569 hits Fast ring with new icons, more
Windows Insiders in the Fast ring have a new preview build to check out today. The latest release puts the build number at 19569, and it comes alongside new icons and general changes and improvements.
Check out EVERY Xbox One controller style and color
Find the perfect Xbox One controller for you with this complete list of every design to date.