A few months ago, State of Decay 2 launched to mixed reviews around the world. The game was praised for its deep mechanics, but the fact that it exhibited frame rate issues even on Xbox One X and suffered from numerous glitches was a cause for concern. Luckily, the developer just released another patch which brings some long-awaited changes.
Patch 3.0 features many significant quality-of-life improvements and a host of bug fixes that solve confusing or frustrating issues. You can read about the major tweaks below.
- Vehicles will now be teleported by the "Stuck?" radio command.
- Players can now use the "Workshop" facility to repair or salvage equipped weapons.
- Salvaged weapons now return their ammo to your "Supply Locker".
- Players will now see a banner at the top-center of screen when a community member dies.
- Players can now drop equipped weapons.
- The "Mysterious Wandering Trader" now appears more reliably.
- When you abandon an outpost, you'll be refunded only 60 percent of the original influence cost.
- Proximity mines are no longer triggered by players or friends.
- Players can no longer consume multiple energy drinks at once and waste them.
- Grenades no longer bounce off large zombies.
- Players are no longer teleported every time the host changes characters.
State of Decay 2 is a co-op multiplayer game which forces you to survive in the wake of a zombie apocalypse. Players have to work together, build bases, and form communities if they wish to survive in this hostile land. You can purchase the game for $29.99, or play it for free if you're a $9.99 Xbox Game Pass subscriber.
Hit the comments below to let us know what bugs and other issues you might have encountered in State of Decay 2, providing as much information as possible. Undead Labs encourages you to email bug reports and support requests, providing reproduction steps and platform information where possible.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.