What you need to know
- A limited-time mini-event in Borderlands 3 makes legendaries more common.
- The event begins January 16th and ends January 30th.
- Rare spawns are guaranteed to appear during this time.
To ring in the New Year, Gearbox is hosting a limited-time mini-event in Borderlands 3 that's been called Farming Frenzy. From January 16th until January 30th, legendary drop rates have been increased across the board, meaning you should take advantage of all those repeatable bosses with dedicated loot pools.
Here are the specifics according to Gearbox:
- Rare spawns are guaranteed to appear
- All enemies with dedicated loot pools (e.g. rare spawns, named bosses, etc.) have a higher chance of dropping Legendary gear from their dedicated loot pool
- Additionally, the Anointment rate for that gear has been increased
- Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite's difficulty will now scale to match the size of the player party rather than defaulting to four-player difficulty
If you haven't already, now's also a good time to buy the Season Pass and make your way through Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot. As a standalone piece of DLC is costs $15, and adds a new storyline along with new locations aboard Jack's casino. It'll be a good place to put those new legendary weapons you're getting to use.
Explore the universe
Fill up your backpack with legendaries
Until the end of January, you're much more likely to find legendary weapons in Borderlands 3. Anyone can participate in this free event, so go forth and have some fun.
Too bad this isn't permanent. I stopped playing this game shortly after release because no bosses dropped legendary items. For example, Katagawa Ball took me a week to finally beat, and it only dropped green items. That's pretty disappointing for a game designed around loot.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.