Mango developer tools available today
Can't have a major OS update without developer tools, right? And to that end, Microsoft has announced that the beta release of the Windows Phone Developer Tools that work with Mango will be available at some point today.
The big strokes, according to Microsoft:
- Background processing
- New profiler and emulator for testing
- Use of Silverlight + XNA together
- Silverlight 4
- IE9 web browser control
- Live Tile enhancements: use of back of tiles and ability to update Live Tiles locally
- Deep linking into apps from notifications and Live Tiles
- Additional sensors; direct camera access, compass & gyro
- Fast application switching
- Networking / sockets for communications
- Local SQL database for structured storage
- Access to calendar and contacts for apps
And that's just the tip of the iceburg. Along iwth the Mango release, the Marketplace is opening up to an addition 19 countires. They are: Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Japan, Korea (South), Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Sweden and Taiwan.
A fine update, indeed. Get the full deets at the Windows Phone dev blog, linked below.
Source: Windows Phone Developer Blog. Download: Mango Developer Tools
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!