What you need to know
- Windows 11 build 25115 is out in the Insider Dev Channel.
- It features a new Suggested Actions feature.
- This is the first post version 22H2 build of Windows 11.
Microsoft has released the first post version 22H2 Windows 11 preview build to Insiders in the Dev Channel today, and it features a new feature called Suggested Actions. Today's build is 25115, and puts the Dev Channel ahead of the Beta Channel, which got build 22621 from the 22H2 branch of Windows 11.
The new Suggested Actions feature in build 25115 will present options when the user highlights certain text or data. For example, if you highlight a phone number, a popup will appear offering quick actions for making a phone call in Teams or Skype. If you highlight a date, it'll present quick actions for adding an event to your calendar.
Here's the changelog for today's build:
- Windows Insiders can try out a new feature in this build for making everyday tasks quicker in Windows 11 through inline suggested actions. When you copy a date, time, or phone number, Windows will suggest actions relevant to you such as creating calendar events or making phone calls with your favorite apps.
- We updated the icons in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) on this build.
- Updated the underlying speech platform to improve voice activity detection for voice access, live captions, and voice typing, as well as address some issues with how punctuation is recognized.
- Fixed an issue related to loading the system tray icons in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar which could cause Settings to crash when opening that page recently. This issue may have also led to some explorer.exe crashes for impacted Insiders.
- Fixed an issue leading to Insiders seeing error 0x800703E6 when copying files from Google Drive.
- We made another change to help improve the performance of loading Home.
- Fixed an issue where if you had ever opened the context menu, doing CTRL + ALT + DEL and cancelling would lead to explorer.exe crashing.
- Fixed a sporadic explorer.exe crash when closing File Explorer windows.
- Fixed an issue where if Settings suspended, it could lock up explorer.exe in certain cases.
- Improved how Narrator reads out remaining space available in System > Storage.
- Fixed some issues related to access key use in Task Manager, including that you weren't able to directly press ALT + without first releasing the ALT key, and that displaying the access keys wouldn't work after having used and dismissed them.
- If the CPU reaches 100%, the CPU column header should no longer unexpectedly become unreadable in dark mode.
- Fixed an issue which could result in Smart App Control unexpectedly blocking correctly signed applications.
- Addressed an issue which was leading to Memory Integrity unexpectedly getting turned off in some cases after rebooting.
- Fixed an issue causing the Update Stack Package to show install error 0xc4800010.
i don't like the idea of the suggested actions thing, some people may like it, but I don't think I would, hopefully it can be dsiabled for people who don't want it.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.