What you need to know
- Another new Microsoft Edge Dev channel build is now ready for testing.
- This update is mostly concerned with fixes, although there's one new feature to check out.
- Dev channel testers can snag this update as build 87.0.637.0 now.
Microsoft today rolled out another new weekly build for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel. Testers can now get their hands on Edge version 87.0.637.0, which brings a bunch of new fixes and improvements to try out. There's also a single new feature that makes it easier to access Edge's ShyUI on touch screen devices.
Here's a rundown of the release notes (opens in new tab) from Microsoft:
- Added the ability to swipe downward on touchscreens to activate Shy UI.
- Fixed a crash due to sync. Fixed an issue where changing the browser's theme and then using Shy UI crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Cookies and Site Permissions Settings page is blank.
- Fixed an issue where the Collections pane is sometimes blank.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking on items in the right-click menu doesn't select them.
- Fixed an issue where some websites like Kaltura show an error that the browser is blocking 3rd party cookies.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to enter Immersive Reader results in an error on certain pages.
- Fixed an issue where using the Save As option when downloading a file causes the file location prompt to show the same folder every time it first opens instead of the most recently used folder.
- Fixed an issue where translating content on a page with multiple languages sometimes gives an error that the language it's being translated to is the same as the current language, even though there is some text on the page that can be successfully translated.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling a website installed as an app from outside of Edge (for example, from the Control Panel) sometimes doesn't cause the app to be removed from Edge's list of Apps.
- Fixed an issue where Caret Browsing stays enabled after the browser is closed.
If you're already testing Microsoft Edge Dev channel builds, you can download this update now by checking the "About Microsoft Edge" portion of your settings menu. Otherwise, the Beta, Dev, nd Canary builds are all available to download at the Edge Insider page. The stable, release version of Microsoft Edge is available at the official Edge website (opens in new tab) as well.
Edge does not handle pen input correctly. And I'm not talking about drawing on web pages. I'm talking about knowing the difference between pen input, touch input, and mouse input. The old Edge handled these things properly. This makes things like highlighting text on the Kindle web app not work. They need to fix this.
Strongly agree. They really messed up the pen experience - particularly with pdfs.
If you haven't already, remember to tell them using that feedback button ^^
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.