What you need to know
- Another new Microsoft Edge Dev channel build is now ready for testing.
- This update is mostly concerned with fixes, although there's one new feature to check out.
- Dev channel testers can snag this update as build 87.0.637.0 now.
Microsoft today rolled out another new weekly build for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel. Testers can now get their hands on Edge version 87.0.637.0, which brings a bunch of new fixes and improvements to try out. There's also a single new feature that makes it easier to access Edge's ShyUI on touch screen devices.
Here's a rundown of the release notes from Microsoft:
- Added the ability to swipe downward on touchscreens to activate Shy UI.
- Fixed a crash due to sync. Fixed an issue where changing the browser's theme and then using Shy UI crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Cookies and Site Permissions Settings page is blank.
- Fixed an issue where the Collections pane is sometimes blank.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking on items in the right-click menu doesn't select them.
- Fixed an issue where some websites like Kaltura show an error that the browser is blocking 3rd party cookies.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to enter Immersive Reader results in an error on certain pages.
- Fixed an issue where using the Save As option when downloading a file causes the file location prompt to show the same folder every time it first opens instead of the most recently used folder.
- Fixed an issue where translating content on a page with multiple languages sometimes gives an error that the language it's being translated to is the same as the current language, even though there is some text on the page that can be successfully translated.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling a website installed as an app from outside of Edge (for example, from the Control Panel) sometimes doesn't cause the app to be removed from Edge's list of Apps.
- Fixed an issue where Caret Browsing stays enabled after the browser is closed.
If you're already testing Microsoft Edge Dev channel builds, you can download this update now by checking the "About Microsoft Edge" portion of your settings menu. Otherwise, the Beta, Dev, nd Canary builds are all available to download at the Edge Insider page. The stable, release version of Microsoft Edge is available at the official Edge website as well.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
Save $300 on Surface Duo at Best Buy
It's a good time to save a little cash on Surface Duo if you've been eyeing one lately. Best Buy is currently shaving $300 off the price of Microsoft's dual-screen device, so long as you activate it the same day. Without activation, you'll still get a pretty sweet $200 discount.
CORSAIR CX550F RGB PSU review: Stylish and stable power delivery
CORSAIR's new CX550F provides a snazzy option for mid-range PC users who need a power supply, but is the performance up to snuff? Here's what you need to know.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.