What you need to know
- A new Microsoft Edge Dev build is now available for testers.
- This update brings a slew of bug fixes, along with improvements to the relatively new Collections feature.
- The update is available to download now as build 78.0.268.1.
Microsoft Edge Dev channel testers have a new update to check out today. Coming in at build number 78.0.268.1, the latest update isn't as feature-packed as last week's release, but it includes a small improvement for the relatively new Collections feature, along with a slew of bug fixes.
If you're using the Collections feature, you'll now be able to reorder items in your collections with your keyboard. A new management policy also now allows histories to be synced with work and school accounts, while there are new logging features for the feedback submission system.
Here's a full look at everything that's new and improved, from the release notes:
- Added new logging features to feedback submission. If you click the diagnostic data link on the feedback submission popup, you now have the option to attach additional files like screenshots you've taken, as well as reproduce the problem to provide more robust logging.
- Added the ability for Collections items to be reordered with the keyboard.
- Added a management policy to allow history syncing for work or school accounts.
- Fixed an issue where favorites weren't syncing.
- Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping items on certain internal pages like Favorites sometimes causes the item to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to Word sometimes crashes the browser.
- Improved reliability when signed into the browser with a work or school account.
- Improved the reliability of starting Application Guard sessions.
- Fixed an issue where certain context menu commands for tabs like "Reopen closed tab" went missing.
- Fixed an issue where webpages installed as apps don't launch.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to open a PDF in an Application Guard window will fail if there are no other Edge windows open.
- Fixed an issue where the browser's profile image sometimes isn't updated if it's changed in the backing account.
- Fixed an issue where tabs with the Find on Page popup open sometimes have the popup closed when they're moved to different windows.
- Fixed an issue where opening an app from the Apps page closes the apps page.
- Fixed an issue where the Read Aloud bar sometimes appears transparent.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to open multiple Collections items in a new window opened each item in a separate window.
- Fixed an issue where the context menu inside a Collection isn't dismissed when a new context menu is brought up outside of Collections.
If you're already using the Microsoft Edge Dev channel, you can download this build as an update to the browser now. If you haven't given the new Chromium-based Edge a try just yet, you can download and start testing the Canary, Dev, and Beta channels now from the Edge Insider website now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.