Microsoft Launcher gains new option for Android work profile folders
A fixed time widget is just one of the changes in the recently updated Microsoft Launcher.
What you need to know
- Microsoft Launcher recently received an update that makes it easier to delete a work folder.
- The update also improves the time widget to work with daylight saving time.
- Several bug fixes and performance improvements also ship with the update.
Microsoft Launcher received an update over the weekend that brings some handy new features. After updating, Microsoft Launcher allows you to long press to delete a work folder for an Android work profile. The app also improves the time widget to work with daylight saving time.
As is normally the case, the update also includes several bug fixes and performance updates. Here's the complete changelog from the Microsoft Launcher Google Play Store listing:
- Support long press to delete work folder for Android work profile enrolled users.
- French privacy requirements are now available in settings.
- The time widget will now update for daylight saving time.
- Bug fixed on notification display in dark theme.
- Bug fixed on home screen restore issue from lower app version.
- Other known bugs and performance improvements were made.
Interestingly, the same exact change log appears in Microsoft Launcher Preview, so there's a chance that these features have been around for some time, but that recent update has the same changelog. You can grab the latest update from the Google Play Store now.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Any word on when the Microsoft Launcher on the Surface Duo will receive the same customization options as other Android phones?