Lumia 535, the first Windows Phone from Microsoft, was announced earlier this month adding another affordable Windows Phone device to the budget Lumia range.
At a press event in New Delhi today, Microsoft launched the Lumia 535 in India. While the Lumia 535 sounds like an upgrade to the Lumia 530, thanks to 1GB RAM, front camera, and rear camera flash, it is a considerable upgrade over the Lumia 630 as well. The Lumia 535 that will be available in India is a dual-SIM version.
At the event, Microsoft also announced the transition of Nokia Lumia to Microsoft Lumia.
"Innovation should be available to everyone and our endeavor is to make it accessible through our range of affordable Lumia devices. Younger tech-involved audiences are increasingly looking at an uncompromised experience on their smartphones. With access to the best services right out of the box at a price they can afford, we believe the Lumia 535 is an ideal solution to offer young India."
Ajey Mehta, Managing Director, Nokia India Sales Pvt. Ltd. (A subsidiary of Microsoft Mobile Oy)
Lumia 535 Specifications
- 5-inch qHD IPS LCD (960 x 540)
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB storage + 15GB free OneDrive storage
- MicroSD card support (Up to 128 GB)
- 1905 mAh battery
- Rear Camera: 5 MP AF with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP wide-angle fix focus
- Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
- Smart Dual SIM
- All Lumia 535 owners on Vodafone subscriptions will get to enjoy 500 MB data internet pack per month, free of cost for 2 months. The offer is applicable for subscribers currently not active on internet packs.
- Online shoppers can use the Windows Phone Jabong app on their Lumia 535 and get a total of ₹6,000 off on their purchase over a period of 3 months.
- Paytm will offer ₹600 worth of extra charge on any recharge (@ ₹150 per month over 4 months)
- eBooks worth ₹,500 free on Flipkart eBooks
- 2 months of BoxTV subscription worth ₹720 absolutely free
The Lumia 535 goes on sale later this week – November 28 – and is priced at ₹9,199 ($150). The Lumia 535 looks like a great, affordable Windows Phone device. We'll share more details as we spend some time with the device. What are your thoughts on the pricing, and would you like to pick one?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Does Dell's XPS 13 or Acer's Swift 5 work better for you? We compare.
The late-2019 refresh of Acer's 14-inch Swift 5 is mostly a winner, but how does it match up to the latest Dell XPS 13 9300 model that's better than ever? We pit the two against each other to help you pick a winner.
Microsoft's 'Project Catnip' PWA for Windows Insiders is dead
Microsoft has killed off its plans for "Project Catnip," a Progressive Web App (PWA) for Windows Insiders to keep up on the latest news going on with the Insider program. The company says it's still exploring options for some of the features explored in the PWA.
Would Surface Duo's dual displays make up for a bad camera? (Poll)
The Surface Duo is gunning for a late 2020 launch, but the lack of a rear-firing camera bump certainly doesn't paint a picture of a high-quality contemporary smartphone camera. Does the folding functionality make up for it?
These are the Razer mice to buy in 2020
Razer make some of the best gaming mice around so it's natural that you're considering one for your next purchase. But Razer also has a pretty large portfolio, so we're going to help you choose the right one.