Lumia 535, the first Windows Phone from Microsoft, was announced earlier this month adding another affordable Windows Phone device to the budget Lumia range.
At a press event in New Delhi today, Microsoft launched the Lumia 535 in India. While the Lumia 535 sounds like an upgrade to the Lumia 530, thanks to 1GB RAM, front camera, and rear camera flash, it is a considerable upgrade over the Lumia 630 as well. The Lumia 535 that will be available in India is a dual-SIM version.
At the event, Microsoft also announced the transition of Nokia Lumia to Microsoft Lumia.
"Innovation should be available to everyone and our endeavor is to make it accessible through our range of affordable Lumia devices. Younger tech-involved audiences are increasingly looking at an uncompromised experience on their smartphones. With access to the best services right out of the box at a price they can afford, we believe the Lumia 535 is an ideal solution to offer young India."
Ajey Mehta, Managing Director, Nokia India Sales Pvt. Ltd. (A subsidiary of Microsoft Mobile Oy)
Lumia 535 Specifications
- 5-inch qHD IPS LCD (960 x 540)
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB storage + 15GB free OneDrive storage
- MicroSD card support (Up to 128 GB)
- 1905 mAh battery
- Rear Camera: 5 MP AF with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP wide-angle fix focus
- Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
- Smart Dual SIM
- All Lumia 535 owners on Vodafone subscriptions will get to enjoy 500 MB data internet pack per month, free of cost for 2 months. The offer is applicable for subscribers currently not active on internet packs.
- Online shoppers can use the Windows Phone Jabong app on their Lumia 535 and get a total of ₹6,000 off on their purchase over a period of 3 months.
- Paytm will offer ₹600 worth of extra charge on any recharge (@ ₹150 per month over 4 months)
- eBooks worth ₹,500 free on Flipkart eBooks
- 2 months of BoxTV subscription worth ₹720 absolutely free
The Lumia 535 goes on sale later this week – November 28 – and is priced at ₹9,199 ($150). The Lumia 535 looks like a great, affordable Windows Phone device. We'll share more details as we spend some time with the device. What are your thoughts on the pricing, and would you like to pick one?
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Surface Duo and double Dans take over this week's Android Central podcast
Need even more Surface Duo in your life? Check out the latest Android Central podcast, in which Daniel Rubino and Daniel Bader (double the Dans!) discuss Surface Duo, Microsoft's Samsung love affair, and Project xCloud.
This is the best Windows 10 tablet you can buy right now
There are many Windows 10 tablets on the market, but it's hard to sort through the rubbish. Here's our picks for the best Windows 10 tablets you can buy right now. At the top of our list is the Surface Pro X, which we think is the best due to its ARM processor, large display, and thin form factor while still packing good battery life and excellent performance.
These are the best gaming laptops for playing PUBG
You have a lot of options when it comes to gaming laptops for playing PUBG. Luckily, this game can run on a lot of different machines. Here are our picks for the best laptops for PUBG.