What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition tests future updates and changes through betas on Xbox, PC, and Android devices.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 is now rolling out to testers with a handful of new features and changes.
- All of the changes are focused on the upcoming 'Caves and Cliffs Update,' with some experimental features planned for the update's second half.
- Alongside some bug fixes and tweaks, there's also a ton of technical updates in the 184.108.40.206 Beta.
Minecraft is continuing to march down the long road to the Caves and Cliffs Update, which is now slated to release in two separate parts later this year, with the release of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11. The latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta includes new tweaks and changes from the upcoming Caves and Cliffs Update but with a special focus on technical updates.
The 18.104.22.168 Beta includes changes and features that are coming in both halves of the Caves and Cliffs Update, so make sure to enable the "Experimental Features" toggle if you want to be on the frontlines of Minecraft testing. There's also plenty to pay attention to if you're a Minecraft creator.
Minecraft continues to grow at an exponential rate, and recently announced Minecraft has nearly 140 million monthly active users. If you're one of those 140 million, you might consider purchasing something from our list of best merch, toys, and gifts for Minecraft. In case you missed it, I also recently discussed why Minecraft on Xbox Series X|S is disappointing for some users.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 includes:
- Minecarts with Chests can also appear in Mineshafts at -y
- Strongholds will be more hidden in larger caves
- Fixed a bug where Shulkers would not teleport below y=0
- Axolotl can no longer move on its own while playing dead
- Axolotls no longer play dead on land
- Dispensers can now dispense a Powder Snow Block using a Powder Snow Bucket
- Skeletons no longer freeze when standing inside of Powder Snow, and will transform into strays after 45 seconds
- Mobs can now pathfind properly on top of Powder Snow
- Vanilla Parity: Powder Snow can no longer support Scaffolding
- Vanilla Parity: Mining time of Powder Snow Block now matches mining time in Java Edition
- Players can no longer Jump on top of Powder Snow to avoid sinking
- Azalea and Flowering Azalea leaves now drop themself when mined with Silk Touch tools
Caves & cliffs
- Infested variants of Deepslate can be found in Extreme Hills biome
- Block of Copper is now crafted with 9 Copper Ingots
- Block of Copper can be crafted down into 9 Copper Ingots
- Copper Ore and Deepslate Copper now drop 2-3 Raw Copper
- Raw Iron, Copper, and Gold item textures have been updated
- Block of Raw Iron, Copper, and Gold textures have been updated
- Compass and Clock textures have been updated
- Spore Blossom no longer survives in water
- Copper now has correct graphical and sound effects when waxing / dewaxing
- Underside of leaves now render correctly when placed on top of Copper Slabs
- Squid and Glow Squid now make a specific sound when they let ink out
- Old signs no longer glow when being dyed
- Increased chances of getting screamer goat by breeding screamer goat with non-screamer goat
- Fixed an issue where first person offhand items were rendered when zooming in with the Spyglass
- Stalactites now drip water a bit more often when filling Cauldrons
- Piglins now admire Block of Raw Gold
- Piglins now admire Raw Gold
- Tiling Rooted Dirt turns does no longer instantly turn it into Farmland block
- Spyglass is now part of the "Equipment" category in the Creative inventory
- Falling blocks now break when landing on Shulkers
- Fixed controller cursor sensitivity scaling
- Fixed a bug preventing users from reassigning key 'E' in "Keyboard & Mouse" settings
- Fixed issue where Minecart with Command Block was not affected by the
/kickcommand works properly if cheats and command blocks are disabled, and it no longer uses target selectors
- Experimental feature
- Create volumes in your world: simply create a "volumes" folder in a saved world, and put json files in there - 1 json file per volume
- Currently, you can attach a fog - minecraft or your own custom fog - to a volume. When the player enters the volume, the fog will take effect
AddVolumeEntityPacketthat contains information of a volume entity including its net ID and NBT containing information about the volume's definition and components, which will be added to the client's registry
RemoveVolumeEntityPacketthat contains a volume entity's net ID to remove it from the client's registry
- Added a new optional flag
minecraft:geneticscomponent. When this flag is set to true, the offspring never inherits hidden alleles of parents as main alleles and main as hidden. This allows to implement simple breeding logic easier
function setColor(color : Number)
property value : Number- Gets or sets the color of the entity
- Added additional component interfaces.
tameablecomponents can be referenced via
entity.getComponent(componentName : string).
- Container - New interface for interacting with entity containers. Can be referenced via
setItem(slot : Number, itemStack : ItemStack)- Adds
itemStackto the container at the given slot
getItem(slot : Number) : ItemStack- Gets the
itemStackat the given slot
addItem(itemStack : ItemStack)- Adds the given
itemStackto the first available slot of the container
transferItem(fromSlot : Number, toSlot : Number, toContainer : Container)- Transfers an
fromSlotof the container to
swapItems(slot : Number, otherSlot : Number, otherContainer : Container)- Swaps
ItemStacksbetween slot of the container and
worldLocation(relativeLocation : BlockLocation)- Transforms the coordinates of given GameTest location to its corresponding world location
relativeLocation(worldLocation : BlockLocation)- Transforms the coordinates of given world location to its corresponding GameTest location
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Looks fun. Still playing the game myself.
Dig dig pop. Sometimes, I dig just for the soothing of it.
Minecraft? Anyone playing this?
Only nearly 140 million players a month.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.