What you need to know
- 1.17 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part One may have just released, but Mojang Studios is far from done.
- They're now releasing the 184.108.40.206 beta for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, which includes a new batch of bug fixes.
- Don't expect any new features in this beta, although candles were added in the last Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta.
- There will likely be a patch update for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition in the near future with all these bug fixes and candles.
Minecraft may have just dropped the humungous 1.17 Caves and Cliffs Update Part One on every platform, but Mojang Studios' work isn't done yet. They recently released Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11, which includes some more bug fixes and improvements for the Caves and Cliffs Update. Don't expect any new features so soon after the last public release, although Beta 18.104.22.168 did add candles earlier this month.
Once Mojang Studios is comfortable with the bug fixes they've tested and the state of candles, they'll likely release all of these changes and improvements in a Caves and Cliffs Update patch in the coming weeks. For now, however, we have to be content with testing Mojang Studios' betas and submitting feedback whenever we encounter any lingering issues.
Another way you can show your support for Minecraft is with our list of best Minecraft merch, toys, and gifts, which includes something for every Minecraft fan.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 includes:
Features & bug fixes
- Andesite and Diorite no longer generate excessively throughout the world
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using a Fire Charge on Candles from certain angles
- Fertilizing Grass Block with Bone Meal generates the appropriate number of plants
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a structure was placed with a command in an unloaded area and that structure was deleted
- Fixed a bug that could cause Nether Portals sometimes to take players to wrong coordinates
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.