Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 is a minor release for 'The Wild Update'
This week's beta isn't the most exciting, but still includes new changes and fixes for 'The Wild Update.'
What you need to know
- The latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta / Minecraft Preview is now available to interested testers.
- The build is a minor release, containing mostly bug fixes and general improvements for The Wild Update.
- This follows news that some The Wild Update features, like fireflies, are being cut from the release plan.
The lifespan of Minecraft has been filled with iterative releases and an endless stream of new content, much of which has actively involved the community in its development. The next major content update for Minecraft is arriving later this year, and Mojang Studios is testing the latest version of it with the release of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199.
The new beta, or Minecraft Preview 188.8.131.52, is a minor release including a handful of bug fixes and tweaks for The Wild Update. The Wild Update is still slated for release later this year, and Mojang Studios is continuing to add to and develop the update before its eventual launch. There aren't any exciting features included in this beta, but Mojang Studios wants to, once again, remind beta testers on Windows that Minecraft Preview will be replacing the beta in the near future.
This beta follows recent news that some anticipated features are being sheared from The Wild Update, including fireflies and improvements to the birch forest biome. While many players have expressed disappointment at this scaling back, The Wild Update does still include multiple new biomes and mobs for players to enjoy.
Minecraft is still comfortably among the favorite Xbox games for millions of players, but it occasionally comes under fire from community members for its seemingly slow update cadence or Mojang Studios' lack of clear communication. The Wild Update isn't particularly close to release, yet, so we'll have to wait and see if this update's scale will match the time it spent in the oven.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 184.108.40.206 / Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 includes:
- The Minecraft Beta on Windows will be retiring soon!
- To continue testing out new pre-release features, you will need to install the Minecraft Preview version
Features & bug fixes
- Allay, for now, does not teleport with its owner to Nether
- This is a temporary change until we can fix an issue where Allays would sometimes get teleported inside blocks and suffocate when changing dimension
- Non-generated Sculk Shriekers now have a cooldown between activations, just like their generated counterparts
- Sculk Shriekers and Sculk Sensors do not drop XP anymore when mined with Silk Touch
- Increased the time required to destroy Reinforced Deepslate and made it independent by the used tool, to better match Java Edition
- Sculk cannot spread through Fire and Soul Fire anymore
- Mangrove trees now grow properly at negative Y coordinates
- Fixed graphical corruption issues on Android
- Fixed an issue that could cause severe visual glitches when using emotes more than once
- Actors using movement prediction will once again teleport smoothly
Stability & performance
- Improved game performance on certain Android devices
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to render blocks that rely on biome data
- Shift-clicking items will once again combine items of same type into a stack
- Added settings to change duration of notifications
- Fixed behavior of Command Blocks when cloning another Command Block onto self where the cloned Command Block would not execute its command until a Redstone signal is toggled
GameTest Framework (Experimental)
- Dedicated server has been updated to allow servers to explicitly list which script modules they want loaded when running scripts
- A default configuration file is located at
/config/default/permissions.json. Without this new file, all script modules are disabled by default
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. Players can test features early with the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta, or the Minecraft Preview, and contribute to the future of this legendary game.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. Minecraft, and its beta and preview programs, are available through Xbox and PC Game Pass.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.