What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox consoles is grabbing the 1.17.11 hotfix update today.
- The update is a part of 1.17 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part One, and includes a handful of critical bug fixes.
- Other Minecraft: Bedrock Edition platforms should see the 1.17.11 hotfix update in the coming days.
Minecraft players that prefer to mine and build on Xbox should be on the lookout for a new update, which includes some minor but important bug fixes for the Caves and Cliffs Update and little in the way of new features. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.17.11 is now releasing to Xbox players, and should roll out to other Bedrock Edition platforms in the next few days.
The hotfix update includes fixes for The End, Xbox-specific issues, Realms, and more. While the update is currently only rolling out to Xbox platforms, 1.17.11 will arrive on other platforms soon, and multiplayer will continue to work with the 1.17.10 build until then.
Minecraft has firmly established itself as one of the best Xbox kids games, so it's always great to see the always-evolving survival sandbox be updated to provide a more stable and reliable experience. Later this year, Minecraft is planning to add a ton of new features and ways to play with 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two, which is slated to release in Winter 2021.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition hotfix update 1.17.11 includes:
- Players no longer die and instantly respawn after traveling back to Overworld from the End in certain circumstances
- Players no longer die and get stuck on the respawn screen when entering an End Portal after dying in the End in certain seeds
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Xbox when suspending and resuming the title for the second time
- Horses no longer become invisible after being dismounted
- On Realms, the
/msgcommand once again works when the world is in Survival mode and cheats are disabled
- After renewing an expired Realm, the Realm is now properly renewed instead of a new Realm being created
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.