We touched on Microsoft announcing the news that Australia will be getting the Zune Pass on November 16th, but new details have come to light about what will (and wont be) present and included in the subscription. With the announcement being made by Microsoft, WPDownUnder contacted the software giant for clarification on features tied to the Zune Pass:
- Artist biographies won't be present. Background are will be available but only for international artists, not local ones.
- Individual tracks and album purchases will be made possible by MS points or an attached credit card.
- Australia will not be getting Zune podcast support.
- Zune Pass will work with Australians who own an Australia-only Live ID.
- Australian Zune HD owners will not be able to view (or download) free apps and games on the app Marketplace.
With the Zune Pass Australian launch just around the corner, more information is likely to come to light in the coming days. WPDownUnder is set to interview a local Microsoft representative to hopefully extract more information surrounding the release of the Zune Pass.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.