TaleWorlds Entertainment's sequel-prequel to the popular Mount & Blade game is currently in early access on Steam and as such, it has a few issues that need ironing out. Since the game was released on March 30, the development team has worked hard to roll out a patch almost daily to fix reported problems.
With Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord here, there are a few issues you may encounter as you traverse the continent of Calradia. We've rounded up known bugs, early access issues, and glitches impacting the game right now.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord bugs, issues, and glitches
Hundreds of thousands of players have already bought the game and loaded up Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, but the successful early access launch hasn't gone without issues. Some players report frequent crashes, performance issues during specific parts of the game, as well as a whole host of imbalance and glitches.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord crashes
Crashes and overall game stability in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord remains to be one of the more popular issue players continue to experience. TaleWorlds Entertainment is working on rolling out fixes in the frequently released patches, but still to this day you may encounter a crash here and there.
A bug reporter should open up once Bannerlord crashes, allowing you to send a report to the developer for them to look into the problem. It helps if you could provide a sentence or two about what made the game come to a sudden halt.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord performance
Performance in the game can be a hit or a miss. For the majority of your game time you'll enjoy butter-smooth action, but should you get into a hectic siege battle, your game will slow down considerably. Various reports from players seem to point to AI pathfinding, which seems to be causing most of the siege-related issues but you may encounter stuttering and sluggish performance elsewhere.
We recommend you ensure your GPU drivers are up-to-date as well, to help eliminate any potential problems.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord corrupted saves
There have been numerous instances of save games becoming corrupt. Always have more than one manual save up-to-date, just in case. If you're on the newer alpha or beta branches, this should be carried out to prevent progress loss. Some have found disabling Steam cloud synchronization to help, but your mileage may vary.
Other Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord bugs and issues
Last updated: 04/17/2020 — Patch: e1.2.0
We're not tracking every bug here, omitting minor fixes and improvements. Be sure to keep an eye out for patch notes.
- Acknowledged: The game can sometimes launch selected with integrated GPUs.
- Fixing: Massive performance hit in sieges due to AI pathfinding and other issues.
- Fixed: Game can crash when executing prisoners.
- Fixed: Some performance spikes in certain missions.
Visual & Audio
- Acknowledged: 'vlandia_town_a' map has misplaced props in the air.
- Acknowledged: Some of the villages have spawn points problems.
- Acknowledged: Northern Sloven Leather armor on the female model is (quite literally) broken.
- Acknowledged: Using a ballista sometimes shows incorrect animations for the poor sod using it.
- Acknowledged: Rarely, victory shout triggers indefinitely after a battle among soldiers, causing headaches.
- Acknowledged: Item stat differences displayed in the UI (red and green lights) may disconnect from the game.
- Acknowledged: Occasionally, tooltips may join your forces and travel with you everywhere.
- Acknowledged: The patch version is shown incorrectly between game modules.
- Acknowledged: Incorrect number may be shown when prisoner ransoming.
- Acknowledged: Some of the sliders do not have text inputs.
- Acknowledged: UI bug regarding persuasion not showing correctly in some cases.
- Acknowledged: Character creation UI issues are being investigated. (And no, it's not the babies!)
- Acknowledged: Sometimes, when loading a campaign save, the game may switch names around.
- Acknowledged: Inconsistent quest icons on UI elements causing you to go on wild goose chases.
- Acknowledged: Some weapons can be shown as two-handers twice in UI, requiring you to grow a further two limbs.
- Acknowledged: No error messages for failed save and load game states.
- Acknowledged: Missing notifications on companion-led missions, such as 'Gold Gain', is being investigated.
- Acknowledged: UI buttons in the order screen menu can sometimes be located behind the UI.
- Acknowledged: Crossed Swords icon on the campaign map might not disappear after loading screens.
- Acknowledged: Campaign map navmesh related issues. These are being investigated.
- Acknowledged: Arrmonac villiage production icons are wrong.
- Acknowledged: Stuttering camera movement on the campaign map is under investigation.
- Acknowledged: AI has issues regarding patrol behavior.
- Fixed: Map notifications can leave the game.
- Fixed: Parties may keep moving when stationary, producing footstep sounds.
- Acknowledged: Customized formation in party is not saved.
- Acknowledged: Sometimes, the game will open a siege mission instead of opening field battle.
- Acknowledged: In some rare cases, the camera gets locked when the ballista is destroyed.
- Acknowledged: Horsemen are using javelins in melee mode after ordered to hold fire. They should be using spears.
- Acknowledged: In some siege scenes, AI is having problems using the siege ladder.
- Acknowledged: Defend wall behavior on AI has ... issues too.
- Fixed: Simulated battles provide more troop experience.
- Fixed: No Combat AI difficulty settings.
Character & Party
- Acknowledged: Some perks may not be working properly.
- Acknowledged: Character creation child animations are being looked at.
- Acknowledged: Some hair and beard selections do not work.
- Acknowledged: Efficient charcoal maker perk is not working properly.
- Acknowledged: Facekey randomization not working properly across all game modes.
- Acknowledged: Character creation pose issues are being investigated.
- Acknowledged: Food consumption problem causes party to get stuck.
- Acknowledged: Sometimes the clan screen role selection is not shown correctly.
- Acknowledged: Poachers don't have banners.
- Acknowledged: Borrowed troops are counting in party size. This is not the intended design.
- Acknowledged: Issues related to companion party creation. This possible exploit is being investigated.
- Acknowledged: Some banner icons are incorrect in the banner selection screen.
- Fixed: In character creation, if a player has a male with a beard and decides to change gender, the beard is deleted when the player changes gender again.
- Fixed: Ending your mercenary contract with a kingdom results in a loss of relationship with the lords of the kingdom.
- Fixed: First trading perks break item comparison color tooltip feature.
- Fixed: Skill progression requires too much experience.
- Acknowledged: After alt+tab, clicking anywhere on the barter screen cancels the barter. This could lead to a crash when you try to start barter again.
- Acknowledged: The prices in stores sometimes can be very much off from the value of items.
- Acknowledged: Transferring prisoners in bartering have issues.
- Acknowledged: Shop labels might be shown as duplicate.
- Acknowledged: Aserai faction bonus doesn't affect every caravan.
- Acknowledged: Negative progress in settlement projects
- Acknowledged: In certain towns, large NPC groups are spawned next to each other.
- Acknowledged: In some rare cases, the Hideout Boss party might go missing.
- Acknowledged: Some of the troop skills are not finalized yet.
- Acknowledged: Overall armor and equipment changes for NPCs are on the way.
- Acknowledged: The player gains food while starving.
- Acknowledged: Vlandia culture boardgame has broken visuals.
- Acknowledged: With certain tattoos selected, your character might not be rendered.
- Acknowledged: Bannerlord icon does not appear on the taskbar after the launcher is closed.
- Acknowledged: Some pots will break again in the training area when entering and quitting audio options.
- Acknowledged: Some texts and some variables are still missing from the game.
- Acknowledged: Can't reassign or unassign a key that's already assigned.
- Acknowledged: Some of the guard dialogue texts are missing.
- Acknowledged: Save game corruption.
- Fixed: Main Hero and his brother's ages in the logs are not logical.
- Fixed: Crafted items can lose stat changes when loading a save game.
- Fixed: Lack of any higher tier armor in towns.
- Fixed: Skill levels lost when loading old version save game files.
- Fixed: Prisoners like to smile.
- Fixed: The income from the town workshops is unbalanced.
- Fixed: Unable to recruit Aserai Recruits from Aserai Settlements
Quests & Dialog
- Acknowledged: The landowner needs access to common grounds quest gets timed out right after getting the quest.
- Acknowledged: Stop Conspiracy quest is not finished.
- Acknowledged: During Train Troops issue, if you lose a few of the borrowed troops and send the rest back trained, the quest doesn't end, it just stays under active quests.
- Acknowledged: Train Troops quest might disappear from the list even if you fail.
- Acknowledged: In Rival Gang Quest, vlandia_town_a loads as it is in Siege.
- Acknowledged: When the players lose one of the raider parties in the location and rescue tutorial quest, the opposite party are not getting exhausted. Hideout problems are being investigated.
- Acknowledged: In Rival Gang Quest, aserai_town_a has wrong spawn points.
- Acknowledged: Army Of Poachers Issue related bugs are being investigated.
- Acknowledged: Rival Gang Moving In issue can not fail in some situations.
- Acknowledged: When Extortion By Deserters issue fails, the deserter party disappears.
- Acknowledged: In Rival Gang Moving In issue, party screen shows only the prisoners instead of troops.
- Acknowledged: Merchant Caravan Escort issues reward is not specified.
- Acknowledged: Capture NPC quests completion time is really long.
- Acknowledged: Family Feud quest target can offer the same quest.
- Acknowledged: There is a possible conversation loop on paying for peace.
- Acknowledged: There might be an error dialogue box when leaving looter conversation.
- Acknowledged: When we talk with NPC named Tacteos in the tutorial, he can be taken as a prisoner.
- Acknowledged: Players can be stuck in settlements after accepting a safe passage barter offer with lords.
- Fixed: The Spy Among Us has some issues (wrong health, spy skill, disappearing candidates, etc).
- Fixed: After discussing the "Battle of Pendraic" with related nobles closes the conversation completely.
- Fixed: Some issue quests' days remaining as a negative value.
- Fixed: Some quests to fail immediately when activated.
- Acknowledged: Backend analytics data issue fixes are ongoing.
- Acknowledged: There are some users that can't log in with empty Login Failed dialogue boxes. This issue is being investigated.
- Acknowledged: Missing server database lock for battle server states.
- Fixing: Some of the troop idle animations for Multiplayer are broken.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Best Minecraft Dungeons character builds we've found so far
Minecraft Dungeons is a game all about the loot. As such, we thought we'd share some of the endgame builds we're currently using, that might help you get started with your own creations.
Check out these excellent Windows 10 laptops that come with LTE support
Need a quality Windows 10 laptop that can stay connected while on the go? Check out this roundup of the best devices complete with LTE modem.
The XPS 13, XPS 15, or XPS 17: Which Dell laptop would you choose?
Dell now has three different sizes for its XPS notebook. Each excels in its own right, so you might be wondering exactly which one is the best choice to suit your needs.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!