Movie Maker 8.1 is a third-party editing suite for Windows Phone 8.1 hardware running the Preview for Developers. The app usually runs for $1.49 with a free trial and is the first to exploit new API features in Windows Phone 8.1 that allows direct editing of videos on a user's phone. To celebrate Italy beating England in the world cup, the developer has altered the price and is offering Movie Maker 8.1 for free over the next 3 days.
Here are some highlighted features:
- Full HD 1920x1080 video support
- No movie duration limits
- Save and open videos from SD card and OneDrive
- Titles: font type/color/size, background color/picture/video frame
- Effects: SlowX10, Gray, FishEye, Pinch, Warp, Kenburns (pan&zoom)
- Transitions: Fade In/Out/Cross, Slide, Stripe, Twist3D, Fold3D
- Tools: frame grab, trim, crop, split, move, cut, copy, paste, delete, merge, volume levels
- Unlimited undo(s) and redo(s)
- MP4 and MP3 compressor with custom format
- MP3 audio studio: easily create your mp3 compilation
- Project save and restore
- Facebook, Email, Messaging and Office sharing
- Continue your projects from your pc with Movie Maker for Windows Desktop!
This is a superb offer and one we strongly recommend everyone take advantage of before the three days pass by.
- Download Movie Maker 8.1 (requires Windows Phone 8.1)
via: Plaffo; thanks to everyone who tipped us!
Review: Surface Pro X (2020) gets a tiny processor bump, but fresh colors
Microsoft's Surface Pro X (2020) now features new color options and a slightly faster processor. What does that mean in terms of overall improvement in performance? Not a whole lot. But luckily, Surface Pro X still has an unmatched design and feature set that makes it utterly unique. Here is our full review.
These great Thunderbolt 3 docks turn your laptop into a desktop
Looking to make the most of your super-fast Thunderbolt 3 connection? The CalDigit TS3 Plus is our top pick thanks to plenty of ports and solid construction, but there are a bunch of other options that might better suit your needs.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 3:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 3:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.