What you need to know
- Amazon has a new Prime Video app available for Windows 10.
- The app brings Amazons streaming service to a dedicated PC app, meaning you won't have to watch in your browser.
- Though the app is available to download, you can't currently log in.
Amazon finally joined Netflix and Hulu today, bringing an official Prime Video app to Windows 10. The catch? You can't really use it yet.
Initially spotted by Italian blog Aggiornamenti Lumia, the app is currently available to download at the Microsoft Store. You can launch it and use the login screen, but that's as far as you'll get for right now. Once you enter your credentials, the app throws up an error and asks you to restart it.
Once Amazon officially launches the app, you'll be able to use it just like Amazon Prime Video apps elsewhere. Amazon's Prime movie and TV show catalogue, along with any of your digital purchases. Here's a full rundown of the app's features, as advertised on the Microsoft Store.
- Download videos to watch offline - anywhere, anytime.
- Rent or buy thousands of titles including new release movies, popular TV shows, and more (not available in all countries/regions).
- With Prime Video Channels, Prime members can subscribe to more than 150 premium and specialty channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Cinemax. Only pay for the channels you want, no cable required, cancel anytime (not available in all countries/regions).
- With X-Ray, view IMDb information about the actors, songs, and trivia for videos as you stream.
Though you can't really stream anything yet, you can download the Amazon Prime Video app at the Microsoft Store now. Once Amazon makes things official (and logging in works), we'll update this post with more.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Minecraft Dungeons lead talks its next DLC and the future endgame
We talk Minecraft Dungeons’ recent Jungle Awakens DLC, the Creeping Winter expansion, and future endgame plans with game director, Måns Olson.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.