Playcast, a fantastic app that lets you easily cast content to Chromecast and more from your Windows 10 phone or PC, has received a pretty big update that adds support for Miracast and new drive sources. Additionally, the latest update, which clocks in at version 0.8.0.0, brings along various UI improvements and more. Here's the full breakdown:
- 1 more FREE day in trial per app update
- New drive sources:
- DLNA Media Server
- Freebox (famous French Internet Box)
- MP4 'FastStart' transcoding on the fly for Chromecast unreadable MP4
- Miracast support
- UI improvements :
- Remove items in Recent/Queue
- Shortcut (desktop) : F5 refresh - F11 Fullscreen
- Progress bar preview in PIP
- ChangeLog popup at startup if it's a new version
- "My libraries" only shows right content type files
- List performance
- UI contrast improvements
Support for the Miracast protocol joins the already present Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, AirPlay, and DLNA protocols, meaning you can stream video and music to practically any receiver you can think of.
If you'd like to check out all of the improvements in the latest version of Playcast, you can grab the update at the link below. If you're a new user, Playcast offers a 7-day free trial and costs $3.99 to keep on streaming after the trial is up. Also be sure to check out our hands-on with the app to see our impressions.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.