PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is soon to be updated on PC. The second post-launch patch for the platform not only adds loot new crates — which we had to highlight, especially after the crap storm that was 2017 in the gaming industry — as well as a number of other changes. It's a comprehensive release, covering gameplay, a new way to report cheating, replays, and even the trusty energy drink. This new update is currently scheduled for the test server.
Here's what you should care about the update:
- Added more objects around La Bendita on Miramar to increase the amount of cover.
- Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to test the optimization of server and client performance at the early phases of the game.
- Changed the design of the energy drink.
- Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1~4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green).
- Adjusted squad team colors to make them more consistent between different colorblind options.
- Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the "Cheating" category in the in-game report tool.
- You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them.
- While player's nameplate is on (H key), now you can check the current weapon of that player by pressing G key.
- Added report button in replay.
- Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key).
- While observing / following mode, report button appears on the timeline (J key).
- Added a care package icon changing effect according to the status.
- The icon will be different when the care package is falling and looted by other players.
- Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases:
- Solo mode
- When the player won the match
- When all teammates are eliminated
And for the bug fixes:
- Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently.
- Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash.
- Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed.
- Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move.
- Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn't pass through a door even though it was open.
- Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map.
- Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing.
- Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese.
And there's the new crate system because what players desperately require is a new pair of work boots. As aforementioned, this update will hit the test servers shorty, followed by a live rollout once everything has been finalized and the team is content with performance.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Developers weigh in on Microsoft's all-digital Build 2020 conference
Microsoft had to hold Build 2020 as an all-digital event. Developers from around the web shared their thoughts on Microsoft's all-digital conference and the biggest announcements from the event.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!