PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is soon to be updated on PC. The second post-launch patch for the platform not only adds loot new crates — which we had to highlight, especially after the crap storm that was 2017 in the gaming industry — as well as a number of other changes. It's a comprehensive release, covering gameplay, a new way to report cheating, replays, and even the trusty energy drink. This new update is currently scheduled for the test server.
Here's what you should care about the update:
- Added more objects around La Bendita on Miramar to increase the amount of cover.
- Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to test the optimization of server and client performance at the early phases of the game.
- Changed the design of the energy drink.
- Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1~4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green).
- Adjusted squad team colors to make them more consistent between different colorblind options.
- Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the "Cheating" category in the in-game report tool.
- You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them.
- While player's nameplate is on (H key), now you can check the current weapon of that player by pressing G key.
- Added report button in replay.
- Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key).
- While observing / following mode, report button appears on the timeline (J key).
- Added a care package icon changing effect according to the status.
- The icon will be different when the care package is falling and looted by other players.
- Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases:
- Solo mode
- When the player won the match
- When all teammates are eliminated
And for the bug fixes:
- Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently.
- Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash.
- Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed.
- Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move.
- Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn't pass through a door even though it was open.
- Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map.
- Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing.
- Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese.
And there's the new crate system because what players desperately require is a new pair of work boots. As aforementioned, this update will hit the test servers shorty, followed by a live rollout once everything has been finalized and the team is content with performance.
The games on Xbox Cloud Gaming that need touch controls
Minecraft Dungeons proved that touch controls and cloud streaming games can work, so we put together a list of the games we think need touch controls as soon as possible.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Windows 10 October 2020 Update review: Subtle, but necessary
Microsoft's next big Windows 10 feature update is almost here, packing several notable changes and enhancements. This release is known as the October 2020 Update, version 20H2, and is the second big Windows 10 update to hit in 2020, after version 2004 which released in May earlier this year. This release is very much a continuation of version 2004, adding a few final touches and subtle...
These are the best gaming laptops for playing PUBG
You have a lot of options when it comes to gaming laptops for playing PUBG. Luckily, this game can run on a lot of different machines. Here are our picks for the best laptops for PUBG.