PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) PC update to add new loot crates and more
There are shiny new loot crates coming to PUBG, as well as a bunch of bug fixes and improvements.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is soon to be updated on PC. The second post-launch patch for the platform not only adds loot new crates — which we had to highlight, especially after the crap storm that was 2017 in the gaming industry — as well as a number of other changes. It's a comprehensive release, covering gameplay, a new way to report cheating, replays, and even the trusty energy drink. This new update is currently scheduled for the test server.
Here's what you should care about the update:
- Added more objects around La Bendita on Miramar to increase the amount of cover.
- Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to test the optimization of server and client performance at the early phases of the game.
- Changed the design of the energy drink.
- Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1~4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green).
- Adjusted squad team colors to make them more consistent between different colorblind options.
- Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the "Cheating" category in the in-game report tool.
- You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them.
- While player's nameplate is on (H key), now you can check the current weapon of that player by pressing G key.
- Added report button in replay.
- Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key).
- While observing / following mode, report button appears on the timeline (J key).
- Added a care package icon changing effect according to the status.
- The icon will be different when the care package is falling and looted by other players.
- Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases:
- Solo mode
- When the player won the match
- When all teammates are eliminated
And for the bug fixes:
- Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently.
- Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash.
- Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed.
- Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move.
- Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn't pass through a door even though it was open.
- Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map.
- Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing.
- Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese.
And there's the new crate system because what players desperately require is a new pair of work boots. As aforementioned, this update will hit the test servers shorty, followed by a live rollout once everything has been finalized and the team is content with performance.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
It would be nice if this became a play anywhere title.
Probably after the xbox version catches up with the PC (steam) version.
Possibly. I'm hoping that since MS has some publishing rights it'll happen. It does seem though they are only publishing the Xbox version. I don't know if I want to take the plunge on this on console just yet though.
yes, I would love it to be a play anywhere game. I'm not much of a Steam fan and I already bought the Xbox version.
It's getting better.