Pocket Casts picks up 'refresh artwork' settings option and more in latest update
Pocket Casts, the popular podcast app that recently made its Windows Phone debut, nabbed an update today that adds the ability to long-press an episode to add it to "Up Next," a new settings option to refresh artwork, and a number of bug fixes.
Here's the full breakdown of what's new in today's update for Pocket Casts (bonus points to Shifty Jelly for making changelogs fun):
- You can now long press on an episode in a list to add it to Up Next.
- Added an option in podcast settings to refresh artwork, also tweaked the way artwork is loaded. If you had issues with that, they should now be gone.
- Called your mum and wished her a happy mothers day. You're welcome.
- You can now download episodes even when 'stream by default' is on. Oops.
- Fixed some crashes that have been reported.
- Fixed font sizes breaking bits of our app.
- Fixed your relationship with that person you've been ignoring. Again, you're welcome.
- Custom skip times now work via BT and other external controls.
- Fixed issues with speeds higher than 1x, reverting to 1x.
If you haven't given Pocket Casts a go yet, we'd definitely recommend trying it out. If you've already purchased the app, you can grab the update from the store link below. If you're a newcomer, you can give the app a shot for $3.99.
Thanks to Zapella for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.