What you need to know
- A new update for Microsoft's PowerToys tool is now available.
- A few new features are tagging along here, including a new color picker module.
- This update is available now as version 0.20.
PowerToys is one of those handy tools from Microsoft that just keeps on getting better, and that remains true with its latest update. This update comes in at version 0.20, and it adds a color picker to the mix, along with some new features for FancyZones and file explorer rendering. There are also some smaller tweaks related to PT Run and Keyboard manager.
Here's a full look at what's new in PowerToys version 0.20:
- Martin Chrzan's Color Picker was added in! With a quick Win+Shift+C, get the color from your screen
- File Explorer - Can now render SVG icons thanks to Chris Davis
- FancyZones - you can now snap to any number of zones in FancyZones holding Shift+Ctrl while dragging a window
- PT Run - keyboard interaction improvements
- PT Run - freshly installed apps are now being detected
- PT Run - Lots of perf and bug fixes
Keyboard manager - app level shortcuts
- Example: For Outlook, Remap Ctrl+F to F4 and now Ctrl+F will put up the find window :)
Keyboard manager - Now can remap key to shortcut and shortcut to key.
- Settings - Now has improved OOBE based on the work the Microsoft Garage Interns did during their hackathon PowerRename improvements.
If you've been looking for an easy way to do normally complex things in Windows, PowerToys is full of a bunch of useful tools to help you do so. FancyZones lets you create dedicated zones on your monitor to snap windows into, for example. Another tool makes it super easy to batch rename files or resize images. For more, you can check out PowerToys on GitHub.
Everything we know about Halo Infinite (so far)
Everything we know about Halo Infinite – Master Chief’s next big adventure headed to Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC.
Surface Duo bumpers in graphite, ember, and ice colors now available
If you're looking to spice up your Surface Duo, these new official protective bumpers in blue, red, or dark grey should do the job. Unfortunately, at $40, you'll have to think long and hard at which color you want.
RazerCon is happening on October 10th. Here is what you need to know.
Not doing anything Saturday, October 10th? Join Razer for its new annual live event, dubbed RazerCon. There will be games, live concerts, product announcements, contests, and giveaways ... and yes, it's all powered by Chroma RGB.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.