Latest version of Reddit client ReddHub now available for Windows 8.1
Yesterday we had a sneak peek at the next version of ReddHub for Windows 8.1. It's an app that Redditors should definitely check out if they're looking for a quality Reddit experience on their Surface 2 or Windows 8.1 device. The new update is now live in the Windows Store. Full details and download link below.
ReddHub (official name Reddit ReddHubV2) is a fully-featured Reddit client for Windows 8.1. This latest update has been rewritten from the groundup to be super fast and stable. Here are some of the features you can look forward to the app:
- Easily browse your favorite content in a rich experience
- Discover, save, and search for things you enjoy
- Full reddit integration - login, submit, subscribe, notifications, and more!
- Mulltiuser account switching
- Support for share-to
- Windows toast notifications for new messages
- Live tiles
- Integrated imgur, youtube, and much more
- Rich WYSIWG editor
A highly recommended Reddit app for those on Windows 8.1. We've been playing with the beta for a few days and really enjoy it.
If you've been using the frist version of ReddHub you'll notice that this isn't an upgrade per se. Though it's a new version, it has it's own spot in the Windows Store and won't be a direct upgrade for those on the old app. Why? This new version was written from scratch to be a brand new experience and to make an app that could scale to the future. Plus, the developer wanted to leave the old app for those who prefer it to the newer version.
Does that mean if you've paid for Silver/Gold in the old app you'll need to pay again for this new app? Nope. You'll find an update for the old ReddHub app that will enable you to re-unlock your Silver/Gold status in the new app. Just go to Settings -> Upgrade for instructions on how to do this. Don't worry, you won't be charged twice.
Again, this is probably one of our favorite Reddit clients for Window 8/Windows 8.1. This is the Reddit client for you if you're looking for an app with multi-user switching, great portrait mode support, inline viewing for tons of media types and more. Take it for a spin and let us know what you think!
- Download ReddHub for Windows 8.1 (opens in new tab)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
- subscribing to a subreddit doesn't fit the rest of the UI
- spacing of the popup you get, when pressing the 3 dots on the bar below the threads content, is too much
- when opening the subreddit overview, the icons in the left bar are redrawn
- subreddit sidebarcontent has no formatting Anyway, you just got a new user who payed for the app ;) Very happy, absolutely in love when those things are ironed out. Going crazy when available for WP 8.1 :P
Also the text in the text box isn't centered like in the rest of the OS. It looks like you applied some global value on text fields.