Players were required to build a city on another planet while encountering unprecedented challenges from the environment. Hostile creatures like gargantuan sand worms and deadly spores threatened the habitat's survival. While Aven Colony did present some new mechanics, it wasn't without its flaws. Unfortunately, the game wasn't the deep experience people were hoping for and developer Mothership Entertainment promised to make it better.
Today, the developer brought Content Drop 1 to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The update has been available on PC for a while now. Content Drop 1 not only brings stability improvements to the game, but it also adds a lot of interesting buildings and mechanics. The main changes included in the update are as follows.
- Added a new building type called the Hovercar Station. This improves transportation in the colony.
- Added a new building type called Space Elevators. The Space Elevator supports immigration and emigration.
- Added new building type called Decontamination Units. Decontamination Units help clear the colony of hazards.
- Added eight new decorative buildings. If you just want to make the colony look gorgeous, you can do so now with these stunning additions.
- Added new Serpent Isle map. This map is one of the most challenging so far due to its threats and resources.
It's great to see the developer aggressively supporting their game many months after launch. Hopefully these improvements will make Aven Colony a better city-building experience and add more depth. However, only time will tell because the game needs a lot of work on consoles.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Microsoft's cloud will power CES 2021
CES is going all-digital next year, and it's tapping Microsoft to power the experience. Microsoft and CTA announced today that Microsoft services like Teams, Azure, and Power Platform will all be used to put together next year's show.
Xbox Smart Delivery Games List
The full list of Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S titles committed to Smart Delivery support, and other free visual upgrade offers headed into next-generation consoles.
Xbox game store pages are still a nightmare for non-English speaking users
Microsoft's push for global gaming is still set back by this basic feature disparity.
Replace your Xbox Bluray player with these 4K UHD Bluray Players
While the specs and price of the Xbox Series S make it tempting, what can you do with all your 4K UHD Blurays? Buy a player, that's what.