Players were required to build a city on another planet while encountering unprecedented challenges from the environment. Hostile creatures like gargantuan sand worms and deadly spores threatened the habitat's survival. While Aven Colony did present some new mechanics, it wasn't without its flaws. Unfortunately, the game wasn't the deep experience people were hoping for and developer Mothership Entertainment promised to make it better.
Today, the developer brought Content Drop 1 to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The update has been available on PC for a while now. Content Drop 1 not only brings stability improvements to the game, but it also adds a lot of interesting buildings and mechanics. The main changes included in the update are as follows.
- Added a new building type called the Hovercar Station. This improves transportation in the colony.
- Added a new building type called Space Elevators. The Space Elevator supports immigration and emigration.
- Added new building type called Decontamination Units. Decontamination Units help clear the colony of hazards.
- Added eight new decorative buildings. If you just want to make the colony look gorgeous, you can do so now with these stunning additions.
- Added new Serpent Isle map. This map is one of the most challenging so far due to its threats and resources.
It's great to see the developer aggressively supporting their game many months after launch. Hopefully these improvements will make Aven Colony a better city-building experience and add more depth. However, only time will tell because the game needs a lot of work on consoles.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.