Sea of Thieves is an exploration-based pirate game which launched on March 20, 2018. Rare is known for many famous franchises including Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and GoldenEye. However, in recent years, the team focused on developing Kinect games for Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Today, Executive Producer Joe Neate detailed some of the changes coming to Sea of Thieves with today's patch. The more prominent additions have to be permanent "Skeleton Ships" and "Cursed Cannonballs". You can read about all the major additions below.
- Skeleton Ships can now be found in the world. If you see a cloud that looks like a ship, expect to partake in some deadly battles with an undead crew. Just like Skeleton Forts, other players may join you or hinder your progress.
- Barrels have multiple types of items inside them now.
- The "Cursed Crews" event adds Cursed Cannonballs which are extremely powerful.
- The "Reaper's Mark" shows you on the map and marks you a target.
- Chances of finding crates and their payouts have been increased.
- The controller sensitivity has been doubled to make it easier for some players.
It's great to see Sea of Thieves get aggressive post-launch support from Rare. What started off as a barebones adventure has now become an expansive open world pirate game. We can't wait to see what the future holds for the experience.
You can either buy Sea of Thieves for $59.99 through retailers like Amazon, or play it for free if you subscribe to the $9.99-a-month Xbox Game Pass service for Xbox One.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Windows 10 Insider build 19042.608 rolling out. Here's what's new.
Now that the October 2020 Update is officially available, Microsoft continues to test bug fixes with Insiders. The latest Insider build preview the "Meet Now" button in the task bar, along with a slew of fixes and improvements.
Every game with touch controls on Xbox Game Pass (xCloud) for Android
Microsoft is offering over 150 games through cloud streaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. While all can be played with controllers, only a handful right now support touch controls.
Xbox Series X Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Here's everything you need to know about the next-generation Xbox console from Microsoft: Xbox Series X.
Replace your Xbox Bluray player with these 4K UHD Bluray Players
While the specs and price of the Xbox Series S make it tempting, what can you do with all your 4K UHD Blurays? Buy a player, that's what.