What you need to know
- Salary data from visas gives ranges of pay rates for various roles at Microsoft.
- The information is only made up of workers from outside of the United States.
- The data covers more than 4,000 active employees.
Microsoft is a large company with employees spanning across the globe. Recently, Business Insider analyzed salary data which Microsoft disclosed when applying for visas for foreign workers. The data provides insight into the salaries of some positions at Microsoft, though it's important to note that this is far from a comprehensive list and only includes foreign workers in the U. S.. Business Insider specifically looked at roles with higher salaries at Microsoft with the high end of a role's salary range being above $175,000.
Business Insider's report takes a look at more than 4,000 active foreign employees. The salaries from the data provide a range, rather than a specific amount received by an employee. Here are a few notable roles from different categories:
- Product marketing manager: $89,500 to $182,175
- Software engineer: $85,842 to $235,787
- Principal software engineer: $155,000 to $212,000
- Principal design verification engineer: $219,057
- Designer: $108,000 to $195,020
For the complete list, you can check out Business Insider's breakdown. Business Insider also points out that almost one-fifth of the highest paid job titles found in the data are related to software engineering and around 10 percent of the roles are design verification and validation roles. These ratios might not line up with Microsoft's staff across the board, however, as they are only based on a subset of workers.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.