I'll keep this short and sweet since you should glance at these improvements and get into the game to really enjoy what has been added. Stardock has rolled out Star Control: Origins beta 2, which brings with it new ships, weapons, custom match options, as well as other substantial improvements. If you're not familiar with the game, it's a sci-fi strategy experience that tasks you with piloting, upgrading and dominating with your very own ship.
Here are the highlights:
- New ships, including the Mu'Kay Grasper, Greegrox Swarm, and Lexite Interceptor
- New weapon components, including the ink blob, shield, death ray, and more
- Custom match options including private lobbies, arena size, map selection, and more
- Custom-created ships are now available in multiplayer mode
- Improved graphics and custom pilot animations
Want to check out Star Control: Origins and see what Stardock has been up to? You'll need to pre-order the game on GOG or through the company's official website. Further details on the beta can be found on the Star Control forum.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.