I'll keep this short and sweet since you should glance at these improvements and get into the game to really enjoy what has been added. Stardock has rolled out Star Control: Origins beta 2, which brings with it new ships, weapons, custom match options, as well as other substantial improvements. If you're not familiar with the game, it's a sci-fi strategy experience that tasks you with piloting, upgrading and dominating with your very own ship.
Here are the highlights:
- New ships, including the Mu'Kay Grasper, Greegrox Swarm, and Lexite Interceptor
- New weapon components, including the ink blob, shield, death ray, and more
- Custom match options including private lobbies, arena size, map selection, and more
- Custom-created ships are now available in multiplayer mode
- Improved graphics and custom pilot animations
Want to check out Star Control: Origins and see what Stardock has been up to? You'll need to pre-order the game on GOG or through the company's official website. Further details on the beta can be found on the Star Control forum.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.