Star Wars Battlefront fans on PC and Xbox One were treated to a pretty big update today that brought along a slew of changes, including a new map, a new mission and much more. The most notable addition is that new map, which is called Twilight on Hoth and is available to play in Walker Assault, Supremacy, Turning Point, Blast, Fighter Squadron, Drop Zone and Heroes vs. Villains.
The patch also includes a new film grain slider in the settings menu, along with a ton of weapon and Star Card balance changes. In fact, bug fixes and balance changes make up the majority of the patch across the board from vehicles and game modes to hero and mission changes.
The change log is absolutely massive, so we've only included some of the main highlights below. However, if you'd like to go over all of the changes in minute detail, you can view the official patch notes in full on the Star Wars Battlefront forums.
- General: Jakku DLC Content is being patched into the game, downloading it separately via platform storefronts is no longer required and can be deleted from your hard drives
- New Map: Twilight on Hoth added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, >- Turning Point, Blast, Fighter Squadron, Drop Zone, and Heroes vs. Villains
- New Mission: Survival in the Ice Caves added to Survival Missions
- Turning Point: Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, Outpost Beta, and SoroSuub Centroplex maps added to the playlist
- Attract Mode: GNK Droid added - GONK!
- Settings: Turning off music in the Sound menu now turns off music everywhere in the game
- Settings: Added a Film Grain setting slider in the Video menu
- Primary Weapons: Damage against air vehicles increased by 10%
- A-Wing: Increased hit box size
- General: Pre-Round timer lowered from 30s to 20s
- General: Heroes no longer get stuck in a stunned animation state
Source: Star Wars Battlefront Forums
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
How to (try to) get an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S right now
Everything you need to know about buying an Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, and where to find stock before it runs out.
Why is PS5 beating the Xbox Series X in comparisons? Microsoft responds.
The Xbox Series X seems to be losing out against the PlayStation 5 in real-world side-by-side tests, and Microsoft has issued a statement. Here's what they had to say.
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.