If you want to add an extra bit of spice to your Start menu on Windows 10, then Stardock's Start10 is a good place to start (excuse the pun). And now, you can grab Start10 through not only Stardock itself but also through the software section of Valve's Steam marketplace.
Start10 gives you some pretty granular controls over customizing your Start menu. You can switch between Windows 7, Modern, and Windows 10 designs by default. On top of that, Start10 lets you change the menu icon, adjust transparency, tweak colors, and much more. Some of the app's features include:
- Replaces the Windows 10 tile menu with a menu you are used to
- Restores the quick links to core system functionality
- Filter searches in the Start menu
- Replaces the start button and allows you to use your own
- Integrates Stardock's "Fences" into the menu
- Maintains the "All Programs" folder metaphor
- Apply texture to the Start10 background and taskbar
It's not a bad little application, particularly if you're heavily into customizing your Windows setup. If you want to give the app a shot, it's now available through Steam for $4.99, along with Stardock's own website.