The Surface Pro 3 is finally official. Microsoft announced the new tablet earlier this morning at a private press event in New York City. During the announcement, Microsoft shared a handful of specs for the Surface Pro 3, like the killer resolution. But now we have the full spec list for what you get in this crazy machine.
- Screen: 12-inch ClearType Full HD display
- Resolution: 2160 x 1440
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Touch: Multitouch input
- Up to nine hours of web-browsing battery life
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11ac/802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 low energy technology
- Pen input and pen (included with purchase)
- Pen features 256 levels of pressure sensitivity
Cameras and A/V
- 5MP and 1080p HD front- and rear-facing cameras
- Built-in front- and rear-facing microphones
- Stereo speakers with Dolby® Audio-enhanced sound
- Full-size USB 3.0
- microSD card reader
- Headset jack
- Mini DisplayPort
- Cover port
- Charging port
- Ambient light sensor
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Dimensions: 7.93 in x 11.5 in x 0.36 in
- Weight: 1.76 lbs / 800 grams
- Casing: Magnesium
- Color: Silver
- Physical buttons: Volume, Power, Home
Those are all the base specs that everyone Surface Pro 3 will ship with. The Surface Pro 3 will vary in price based on the processor, memory and storage. The following are the configurations that you’ll be able to grab:
- Intel Core i3 / 64 GB / 4GB of RAM / $799
- Intel Core i5 / 128 GB / 4GB of RAM / $999
- Intel Core i5 / 256 GB / 8GB of RAM / $1299
- Intel Core i7 / 256 GB / 8GB of RAM / $1549
- Intel Core i7 / 512 GB / 8GB of RAM / $1949
What do you think of the Surface Pro 3? Which configuration are you planning on picking up?
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Windows Insiders can now run Android apps with the Your Phone app
If you use the Your Phone app on your PC, you're in for a treat. The new "Apps" experience, which lets you run Android apps in their own windows, is now rolling out for testing with Insiders.
Windows 10 build 20185 makes your DNS settings easier to access
Microsoft shipped a new Windows 10 build for Insiders in the Dev channel today. This build comes in at 20185, and includes several feature updates and fixes to check out.
Spruce up your Surface Pro with these awesome accessories
Whether you are using your Surface as your main computer or as a secondary device, you are going to want to make sure it's decked out with all the best gear. We've rounded up a bunch of worthwhile accessories right here.