The Surface Pro 3 is finally official. Microsoft announced the new tablet earlier this morning at a private press event in New York City. During the announcement, Microsoft shared a handful of specs for the Surface Pro 3, like the killer resolution. But now we have the full spec list for what you get in this crazy machine.
- Screen: 12-inch ClearType Full HD display
- Resolution: 2160 x 1440
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Touch: Multitouch input
- Up to nine hours of web-browsing battery life
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11ac/802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 low energy technology
- Pen input and pen (included with purchase)
- Pen features 256 levels of pressure sensitivity
Cameras and A/V
- 5MP and 1080p HD front- and rear-facing cameras
- Built-in front- and rear-facing microphones
- Stereo speakers with Dolby® Audio-enhanced sound
- Full-size USB 3.0
- microSD card reader
- Headset jack
- Mini DisplayPort
- Cover port
- Charging port
- Ambient light sensor
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Dimensions: 7.93 in x 11.5 in x 0.36 in
- Weight: 1.76 lbs / 800 grams
- Casing: Magnesium
- Color: Silver
- Physical buttons: Volume, Power, Home
Those are all the base specs that everyone Surface Pro 3 will ship with. The Surface Pro 3 will vary in price based on the processor, memory and storage. The following are the configurations that you’ll be able to grab:
- Intel Core i3 / 64 GB / 4GB of RAM / $799
- Intel Core i5 / 128 GB / 4GB of RAM / $999
- Intel Core i5 / 256 GB / 8GB of RAM / $1299
- Intel Core i7 / 256 GB / 8GB of RAM / $1549
- Intel Core i7 / 512 GB / 8GB of RAM / $1949
What do you think of the Surface Pro 3? Which configuration are you planning on picking up?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Every game with touch controls on Xbox Game Pass (xCloud) for Android
Microsoft is offering over 150 games through cloud streaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. While all can be played with controllers, only a handful right now support touch controls.
Xbox Series X Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Here's everything you need to know about the next-generation Xbox console from Microsoft: Xbox Series X.
Review: Lenovo ThinkVision M14t is fantastic mobile display with a pen
Sometimes you want a second screen when traveling; other times, you may wish to add inking support to your Lenovo, Razer, or premium Dell laptop. The new ThinkVision M14t is a 14-inch portable display that now supports touch and inking. Plus, you get the pen in the box. Here's our full review.
Set up a Surface Pro workstation with one of these external monitors
The Surface Pro is great on its own, but that doesn't mean you can't add one or two external monitors to it and create a sweet battlestation. Here are the best overall picks available now.