Applyf are pleased to announce that the much anticipated YouTube client PrimeTube is now available on the Marketplace. We previously took the app for a spin in a preview of the client and immediately noticed the heavy Metro focus. So what's great about PrimeTube? Features include:
- Search for videos; filter and sort results.
- Like/Dislike videos, read and reply to comments.
- Pin videos, playlists and authors (featuring live tile support) for instant access.
- Share videos via social networks, email and SMS.
- Create playlists and manage your subscriptions.
- Complete music + video hub integration.
- Multi-region support.
- Supports Fast-App Switching.
Applyf states that the app adheres to the YouTube ToS and will be updated when API changes are published. The next version is already in the works, which will see video recording / direct uploading support, upload queue management (with background transfers and notifications), list of live events, as well as a number of minor bug fixes in the subscriptions section.
What's also interesting about PrimeTube is that the app is complete free, with no advertisements. Just 100% pure Metro enjoyment. Be sure to follow the team on Twitter, and download PrimeTube from the Marketplace.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.