Today's Xbox One update adds 1440p support, AMD FreeSync, new sounds, and more
April brings even more features to Xbox One owners everywhere.
The April Xbox Update is rolling out to all Xbox One owners today. For many weeks now, Xbox Insiders have had access to builds which add important features like AMD Radeon FreeSync technology and 1440p resolution support. That and much more are now available to consumers in this roughly 700 MB patch.
Some of the most important features are listed below. The new "Xbox Original Avatars", new Mixer logo, modified dashboard sounds, and Upload Studio patch are probably the most noticeable.
- Several new video and display features are coming to Xbox One, including Auto Low-Latency Mode, AMD Radeon FreeSync, and 1440p support.
- Microsoft Edge on Xbox One has been updated to a more modern look and feel.
- Microsoft is introducing a new Mixer Interactive feature called Share Controller, enabling streamers on Xbox One to share control of their game with a viewer on the Mixer website.
- You can now start Mixer broadcasts from anywhere on Xbox One, making streaming easier than ever.
- You can now share captured screenshots and clips directly to Twitter from the "Broadcast & capture" section of the Guide.
- There are new Narrator volume controls that are independent from system audio volume. You can also now selectively balance game audio against background music within the Guide, giving you direct control of your gaming session.
- You can now change the console's theme to "Scheduled" to automatically adjust it from Light to Dark during certain times of the day.
- System sounds on Home and in the Guide have been completely revamped to also support spatial audio.
- New Mixer icon and Upload Studio update which doesn't seem to do much.
- Xbox Original Avatars can now be uninstalled from the console.
Be sure to download the patch by going into Settings if you want it immediately. In our testing, it seems like the console's menu reacts much faster to commands too. The update definitely made it snappier! It's great to see these features rolling out to Xbox One owners everywhere. Hopefully more fan-requested additions will make their way to the console soon just like 1440p support and new sounds did.
- See Xbox One X at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- See Xbox One X at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
https://www.skeyllc.com Professional Web Design Company In Delhi| Best Digital Marketing Company Delhi Gurugram India
http://www.successkey.co.in Best Insurance Company In Delhi | Insurance Services In Delhi Nariana India