UC Browser has received an update that sees a host of new features added to one of the best browsers available on the platform. Cortana integration allows you to control the browser through voice commands. And then there's the ability to create a picture password, which you can set up by swiping down from the speed dial menu. A background download feature has also been added, which ensures that your downloads aren't interrupted even after locking your screen.
Here's the list of changes in version 188.8.131.52 as detailed in the changelog:
- Cool and Sleek UI: Totally new speed dial and better tab switching.
- Smart Downloading: With WiFi, downloading continues even after locking your screen.
- Download to SD Card: Save downloaded files straight to your SD card.
- Bluetooth File Sharing: Conveniently share downloaded files to others via Bluetooth or QR Code.
- Visit as PC: By entering Desktop mode, you can now experience the full features of webpages as if you were on a PC.
- Flexible Modes: Include Night Mode, Speed Mode, Incognito Browsing, Text-only Browsing. Added a brightness control for Night Mode.
- Customized Themes & Lockscreen Wallpaper: Change the browser skin from the UC Theme Center. These can also be used as lockscreen wallpapers.
The ability to set picture passwords is certainly interesting, and you can set your own images as the password. Cortana integration (on devices where Cortana is available) allows you to browse hands-free. For instance, if you want to go to Facebook, all you have to do is say, "UC BRowser, Facebook" to Cortana and the website will be loaded on the browser. The background downloads work through a dedicated utility called UC Downloader.
Download the update from the link below, and let us know how you like the new changes in the comments.
Thanks for the tips everyone!