Good news for British fans of Windows Mobile, huge touchscreens and fast processors: The Toshiba TG01, as expected, will be exclusive on the Orange network starting July 10 and is free if you sign up for a two-year contract.
A refresher on the specs:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (upgradable to 6.5 - which we've already seen on it).
- Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon processor at 1GHz.
- Size: 70x130x9.9 mm.
- Weight: 129g.
- 4.1-inch, 480x800 resistive touchscreen.
- 3.2MP camera.
- 512MB ROM/256MB RAM.
- MicroSD card.
- Bluetooth 2.0.
- WiFi b/g.
- 1,000mAh battery. (Rut-ro, Raggy. That's gonna need some pretty regular charging.)
- Quad-band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900); 2100MHz for HSPA. So it'll work in the U.S., just not with 3G data.
Should be interesting to see some real-world results on battery life. While the Snapdragon is supposed to make things easier on the power source, a mere 1,000mAh battery makes us cringe a little. And do note that the phone will work on the U.S. GSM network, but data will be limited to EDGE only.
Orange [via Coolsmartphone]
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!