Last night at the Digital Life Expo, the fine folks at HTC told me that this would happen, and sure enough, it has. Verizon has announced the SMT5800, well behind the other guys. The specs are pretty standard - it's that Smartphone Edition of Windows Mobile 6 in a slider-form factor that we initially loved but eventually became disillusioned with. Still, it's a decent enough phone:
- 2.0 megapixel camera with video capture
- Bluetooth® 2.0 including stereo with support for certain profiles
- microSD™ memory card slot (for up to 8 GB of removable memory)
- 2.4“ QVGA, 240 x 320 65k-color screen
- CDMA2000 1x/EV-DO digital dual-band
- Dimensions: 4.1” l x 2.0“ w x 0.7” d
- Weight: 4.2 oz.
Available Jan 21st for the surprisingly high price of $299.99 after rebates and such. After the break, our hands-on with the SMT5800 at CES 2008!
Read: Verizon Wireless Connects With Mobile Professionals With The SMT5800 (opens in new tab)
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.